Hawaiian Airlines stock?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BentOver

Anyone know why HAL stock was up 5% this afternoon? Saw Delta, SWA were up over 1%....

5% seemed a bit high unless there was some announcement I missed.

All airlines are up; UAL is up more than 6%.
HA reported Feb traffic yesterday. The loads were down just a bit but they had >20% ASM growth YoY, so the decline wasn't too bad considering that much growth.
United also reported traffic yesterday; ASMs down but loads increased along with PRASM. HA didn't report PRASM.

What Andy said, all airlines stock up. HA has been trading a little lower than it normally does after a correction from when it shot up recently. So perhaps there was a little more room for an upward tick. It bounces between the mid 5's and 7 all the time.

Oh and I forgot, the local paper had an article yesterday that 2013 tourism numbers were projected to be huge. It was a very glowing article that also mentioned HA's new service to Auckland and Taipei, among others, as a factor.

Oh and I forgot, the local paper had an article yesterday that 2013 tourism numbers were projected to be huge. It was a very glowing article that also mentioned HA's new service to Auckland and Taipei, among others, as a factor.

I'd anticipate more tourism; the economy's slowly healing and there's a lot of pent up demand for vacations. I wouldn't expect a big increase in Japanese tourists; the Yen has been getting hammered. Should see a decent uptick in haoles.

Latest resources

Back