Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

www.

SoCo Guy
Anyone, anyone have any info on Haas Racing out of North Carolina?

Thanks

gene haas has some legal issues coming up soon. last i heard he may be going to the big house for a little "vacation"

You have be careful what team you fly for. I used to think I wanted to fly fulltime for a NASCAR driver because I really love racing. Last year I got to fly the last 6 races for a driver who ran on a single car team. One of the sponsors was Super 8. Everytime we got to the hotel (Super 8), they only had one room for both pilots. We were able to get a second room at most places, but had to shack up together most of the time. Then didn't get paid until the middle of January after turning down additional trips because I don't work for free. I know another pilot who has a pretty sweet deal though. I also talked to Matt Kenseth the other day and he said he puts both his pilots in the same room too!!!!!!!! If one guy wants to stay up and watch tv and the other wants to go to bed early, one snors and keeps the other awake.......

Last edited:
I just do not get it. I mean they are making millions a year and can not spring for two rooms. Have you ever seen the coaches they sleep in at the track? Most are nicer than my house.

I guess I'm passed the point of good taste, but I believe I would've asked Matt how he figures it's a good idea to have the two professionals flying his 4 million dollar airplane with his 20 million (or more) ass on board after an entire afternoon of smelling each other's farts while not properly rested.

The NASCAR aviation community has a pretty good reputation of turning some of its high profile individuals in to smoking holes for exactly this reason. The only difference lately is that they are moving in to the jet age where they can accomplish a slightly larger, deeper hole. Anyone who thinks I'm crazy need only look at the full (not just narrative) version of the Hendrick's Racing King Air 200 crash at Martinsville.

Last edited:
The NASCAR aviation community has a pretty good reputation of turning some of its high profile individuals in to smoking holes for exactly this reason. The only difference lately is that they are moving in to the jet age where they can accomplish a slightly larger, deeper hole. Anyone who thinks I'm crazy need only look at the full (not just narrative) version of the Hendrick's Racing King Air 200 crash at Martinsville.

I'm going to disagree that we have a reputation for creating "smoking" holes. That was a terrible loss, however, we deal with a highly challenging flying environment, arriving at minimally equiped airports and departing these same airports with severe congestion. It isn't like some 135 (or even 121) company's accident record. But I will say I highly disagree with SOME team's policy of room sharing.

we deal with a highly challenging flying environment, arriving at minimally equiped airports and departing these same airports with severe congestion.

Try departing a 9,000 MSL airport at night down in South America with no idea what the weather 20 miles from the airport is. We operate hundreds of aircraft all over the world in some of the most insane environments you can think of.

Our safety record speaks for itself. I flew for a NASCAR team, the CP pencil whipped his log book because and I quote, "I didnt want to wait another 4 years just to fly a KingAir".

Wolfpack Pilot
NetJets

well im glad you have that experience. I too, flew international into southamerica and many other different countries at night with high field elevation before I came to racing. Doesnt mean we don't have some unique challenges as well. Just b/c you happen to see a CP pencil wip his logbook does not speak for the entire community. I hope that you realize that.

Latest resources

Back