Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream, Flexjet enter into agreement for 50 aircraft!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because the passenger can go SFO to Hamburg (in keeping with the aforementioned example :rolleyes:) at .90-.92 in a 650. That's why.

And, as some people like to claim, size isn't everything....:D

Will it actually do it at that speed? I saw where the G400/500 takes a huge penalty on range at that speed. What does a Global cruise at?

Hmmm no Gulfstream for me though ... LOL

Challenger 605 with my name on it someday I guess....

I can't for the life of me understand why we ordered the 605. I think the 350 was a good buy but the 605? I guess that's why I'm just a line pilot. As others have said, I too wouldn't be surprised if Harry cancels this and points at NJASAP.

I can't for the life of me understand why we ordered the 605. I think the 350 was a good buy but the 605? I guess that's why I'm just a line pilot. As others have said, I too wouldn't be surprised if Harry cancels this and points at NJASAP.

Maybe a deal sweetener...you have become Bombardier's new Flexjet.

Count on it...

Will it actually do it at that speed? I saw where the G400/500 takes a huge penalty on range at that speed. What does a Global cruise at?

The 650 will do over 5000 nm at .92 and 7000 nm at .85. Easily.

Fuel specifics on the new Gulfstreams are not available yet since certification is just getting underway. Gulfstreams have always met or exceeded pre-production performance guarantees. The Global? Not so much.

The 650 will do over 5000 nm at .92 and 7000 nm at .85. Easily.

Fuel specifics on the new Gulfstreams are not available yet since certification is just getting underway. Gulfstreams have always met or exceeded pre-production performance guarantees. The Global? Not so much.

The numbers Gulfstream talks about now are 7000nm at M.85 and 6000 at M.90. Both of those should be achievable or even exceeded with a little effort. However, I'm a bit skeptical about 5000nm at M.92. This plane has a preverbal wall between .90 and .91. Even if it is possible, 1000nm is already a huge range penalty for .02 mach.

We cruise the G650 at M.90 almost everywhere we go. We used to cruise the Global at M.85 all the time. If you need to really stretch the range, it's .85 in the 650 and .83-.82 in the Global. We are doing the G650ER mod not because we'll ever fly 7500nm, but because we should be able to go 6400nm at M.90.

Latest resources

Back