• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

great site/service if you can trade in your 401k

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then have moderators delete it and that is that. I am putting my money where my mouth is. Ask any SWA person who knows me. Take the info or don't. Nobody is making anyone pay for anything. There is a FREE link.

You guys make it to difficult. Just buy a 2x long s and p 500 index fund. When the 10 day average breaks below the 20 day reduce holdings, when it breaks below the 50 day all cash or go short or go bond if that's your thing. Opposite when it's going down.

Does he have any recommendations outside of penny stocks? Like anything that trades for more than $10/share with decent volume? There are a number of comments that he's running a pump-and-dump scheme.

Andy if I remember correctly you had some sorta hedge fund or investment thing what are you doing.

I ran a family hedge fund. Successful but almost killed me. I rarely got more than 2 hrs sleep at a time, usually between US market close and Asian premarket.

I completely burned out and took a bunch of time off away from the markets other than simply dumping my money into ETFs. As long as Helicopter Ben keeps dumping $85 billion into monthly asset purchases, you can buy an ETF and make good money with no work involved.

The extra time involved between making good money and great money is hours and hours of research and constantly tracking every financial release. Not to mention keeping a close eye out for every possible black swan. I kept up with the latest Cyprus events but I slept through European market openings - if I were still running the fund, I probably wouldn't have gotten much sleep for the last couple of weeks.

My favorite buy and hold ETF right now is SCHA. I don't have to read any specific stock news releases because the ETF has no more than .3% exposure to any single stock and has more than 1700 stocks in its portfolio.
I'll probably shift to a short term bond fund at the end of April/early May due to seasonal patterns + the debt ceiling debate. I'll hop back into the market in fall or after a significant summer correction.

Does he have any recommendations outside of penny stocks? Like anything that trades for more than $10/share with decent volume? There are a number of comments that he's running a pump-and-dump scheme.

Once you watch the video lessons you can use those strategies to trade whatever kind you want. I made scans to do small mid and large cap. Depends what u are looking for. The bigger the stock the less volatile the price swings.

RedDog, I understand the concept. This works great in a rising market - a rising tide lifts all boats and such. But it looks like there's no fundamental analysis of the companies or what they're selling. That works until it doesn't. And eventually it doesn't work in a very bad way.

Let's look at OCZ. Yahoo finance has its earnings per share at -.27. $43M cash on hand.
Manufactures Solid State Drives. Not price competitive with major brand names. Aimed at tech geeks, but performance benchmarks aren't impressive enough to justify the additional cost.

GLUU. EPS -.32. $22.3M cash on hand.
Manufactures smartphone/tablet games.
A quick glance of the numbers shows no history of being profitable and no forecast of being profitable.

HEK. EPS +.02. $16.2M cash on hand.
Heckmann Corporation, an environmental solutions company, provides full-cycle environmental solutions to customers in energy and industrial end-markets in the United States. It provides total environmental solutions, including the delivery, collection, treatment, recycling, and disposal of liquid and solid environmental products used in oil and gas drilling and production activities in the Haynesville, Eagle Ford, Marcellus/Utica, Tuscaloosa Marine, Barnett, Mississipian Lime, and Permian Basin Shale areas.
This one may have possibilities but not enough for me to be interested at this time.

These aren't even speculative plays; I'm going to assume that hold time on these stocks is measured in days. It looks like all he's doing is a bit of technical analysis and juicing the charts with buy signals to his followers.

I ran a family hedge fund. Successful but almost killed me. I rarely got more than 2 hrs sleep at a time, usually between US market close and Asian premarket.

I completely burned out and took a bunch of time off away from the markets other than simply dumping my money into ETFs. As long as Helicopter Ben keeps dumping $85 billion into monthly asset purchases, you can buy an ETF and make good money with no work involved.

The extra time involved between making good money and great money is hours and hours of research and constantly tracking every financial release. Not to mention keeping a close eye out for every possible black swan. I kept up with the latest Cyprus events but I slept through European market openings - if I were still running the fund, I probably wouldn't have gotten much sleep for the last couple of weeks.

My favorite buy and hold ETF right now is SCHA. I don't have to read any specific stock news releases because the ETF has no more than .3% exposure to any single stock and has more than 1700 stocks in its portfolio.
I'll probably shift to a short term bond fund at the end of April/early May due to seasonal patterns + the debt ceiling debate. I'll hop back into the market in fall or after a significant summer correction.

What do you think about the short yen and long jap stock market trade? I'm sure its due for a pull back at this point but it seems they are the master of easing and like you said after a summer pull back in risk, this fall it should start going crazy again, right?

Latest resources

Back