Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No gouge, but I heard it helps if you have a criminal record... :D

Franky4Fingers,

I can give you most of the Scoop of the Kalitta Interview...Even though I have been here for 4 years and have not been through an Interview since then...I can tell you what to expect!

1. Know the Part 91 and 135 Regulations...(135.200 series)

2. Know the profiles for basic Insrument approaches!...Even though you will be doing your training and checkride to Learjet criteria, Know the Basics according to the Frasca Sim, because that is the Simulator used for the Interview.

3. Know how to brief an Instrument Approach and a STAR/SID..

4. We have a demanding schedule because we not only fly freight but, Fly Air Ambulance and Passenger Charters on a daily basis!

Unlike other operators in the Michigan area, we are very versatile and fly 3 different types of operations.......Air Ambulance, Charters, and Freight......Every trip is diiferent from one day to the next!

I think you wil enjoy it!~

MisPlacedTexan

MisplacedTexan said:
BIGFLYR,

Please elaborate on your remarks on your last Post!?....I am confused!!

MisPlaced Texan!

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers... Just quoting what a couple of friends who worked there in the past have said about working at Kalitta... and they were probably just kidding around.
As a matter of fact, it may be a different company all together being that Kalitta has been in business for a long time.

Last edited:
Kalitta gouge. Don't know how I wound up on this board. You can choose many ways to get your career going. I was at Kalitta from 95-98. 1st year about $35,000, every year after, at least $65-70,000. VERY hard work, your life ends. You have a pager surgically attached to your hip. I can honestly say that I have not found a harder working group of pilots since I left. The experience I got a KFS was worth its weight in gold. If that place doesn't kill you, you will be a better pilot for the rest of your career. Freight dogs, especially KFS guys are some proud sons-a-bitches. We KNOW we work harder, and can fly circles around some puke in a commuter any day. Different airports every day. I was current and qualified in every plane they had for 3 years. MU2, turbine B18, and lear 23,24,25,35,36. Didn't know what I was flying, to where, with who, or when I would come back until the pager went off at 2:30 in the morning. When UPS went on strike way back, I made $2500 a week flying a ratty, leaky, loud Garret powered B18. Try that anywhere else. Had quite a few $1,000 days in the Lear. The guys that were Europe qualified made over $100,000 a year. I still talk to some of the guys that are there, the schedule is supposed to be better now. Ask yourself what kind of pilot you want to be. Bored by one ILS to another ILS or landing in central Canada after an NDB to mins with pax onboard? Hardest, most fun flying job I will ever have. Go there while the Lear 20 series is still around, you will never regret it. T/O roll to 410 in 9 minutes. I have been a check airman on both the 737 and MD80 (Vanguard) and am luckily in the SWA pool. I have yet, since I left KFS, found a more professional bunch of true "stick" guys since my KFS days. It is not for every one and I bitched with the best of them, they still talk about me there. There are not many places like it around anymore. We would plan fuel stops based on free food or free tshirts and hats. There are a lot of pilots out there, but to use our old chief pilots words there are not many aviators anymore. KFS will make you one. OK, I'm off my box. You'll love/hate the place, but what a ride!!

Pizza in LIT

So, did you consider it a good day or a bad day when the only meals (is Pizza really considered a "meal") you ate were in LIT??

Latest resources

Back