• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

got a Tsa interview what do u guys think

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the negative comments posted are true. I'll play devils advocate and tell you a couple posotive things about TSA. A lot of the US Airways jets are being put into service for United (SAT routes). Our sen. list has shrunk from 680 down to about 580, and now needs to get back up to the previous number, hence the recent surge in interviewing and classes. Attrition is huge at TSA, even though the list has shrunk so much in the previous 6 months, most pilots have still moved up in relative percentages. We've got a dozen or more pilots leaving a month, a lot of which are CA's, it will always be this way so I don't see a furlough coming anytime. All TSA needs to do is stop hiring for a few months and voila!....50 less pilots. TSA is hiring right now, and not many others are. If you come to TSA though, expect to get beat down by all the B.S.every single day you work.

Uppercrust said:
Run from that hole!!!
But atleast is better than:puke: GULFSTREAM

Run Forrest Run!!!

Hey man, don't scare me like that. For a minute I almost thought you were serious.

Way to risky....unless you have a crystal ball.

TSA is definately a very frustrating place to work, so don't come here thinking its your dream job. As for the jumpseating memo, some think its just propaganda that hasn't completely been sorted out yet. It wasn't distributed in everyones mailbox, just posted, and it says that OAL (other air lines) are not allowed in our jumpseat (this has ALWAYS been the case) not codeshare partners. There is a difference between the two. And we do get A LOT of propaganda (see death penalty reference earlier). TSA knows how many of us leave daily, which is why they are hiring so I don't see furloughs coming either (unless they use it as a tool in contract negotiations). Take the interview and come here if you get hired, just keep all your other options open. The same BS will happen everywhere eventually.

LabMonkey76 said:
Take the interview and come here if you get hired, just keep all your other options open. The same BS will happen everywhere eventually.

i agree! you'll always have some sort of bs at any regional, mainline, cfi, cargo, ANYWHERE. a majority of the people that ive flown with and talked to have bad attitudes towards TSA and the management. i personally enjoy my job and understand that im not going to be getting a line for a few months and the pay isn't good, all of that comes with the territory.

I know it would never happen, but it would be funny if you interviewed, got the job, and then told them, "I did some research right before I came here and discovered that TSAH started an alter-ego carrier which bypassed all the pilots who had already been working here and making this company a success. So thanks but no thanks, I really can't work for an employer that does that to it's dedicated employees".

That there's funny, I don't care who you are!!

As an ex waterskier, here is my advice...

First off, everything you read about the place is absolutely true. TSA is a disaster. HK (owner) is a huge prick, they believe in management by intimidation, schedules suck for junior guys and the pay is ridiculous. All that is true about most regionals. The kicker as you have read is contracts are coming up. Not good.
On the flip side, I really enjoyed the time I spent there. The ERJ is fun to fly although underpowered. The crews are great. In my time I only flew with one jerk and he couldn't even figure out his last name. (TSA guys can figure that one out) As long as you go to work, be professional and safe and then go home you will be fine. Wait a minute, I got fired on my last trip (after giving notice). Maybe thats a bad approach and a whole different story!! :)
My advice to you is go to the interview, be excited and tell them TSA is the greatest place in the world. (they know you are lying but love the hand job) If they hire you, take the first class they offer. All the while keep looking for the "better fit" airline. All regionals suck so look for one with a base you can live in or atleast a real easy commute. It's all about quality of life so take the 121 jet time and now that you are more marketable, you will have more options.
It's all about getting time and moving up. Take the job that will get you where you want to go. Ignore the "quick upgrade" trap. Things change to fast anyways. But whatever you decide, DON'T SELL YOUR SOLE TO GJ!!! That's opening up a whole different can of worms.

Good luck whatever you decide

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back