got a Tsa interview what do u guys think

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cbogacz

Im interviewing with tsa 1-25 -6 what do u guys think about the company and any advice for the inerview thanks guys

Don't go!!

Stay away from that place. It's a mess right now. Their management has declared war on their pilots. They've taken their ability to provide cockpit jumpseats to their partners from them. I think they are about to start contract negotiations (someone correct me if I'm wrong) pretty soon. TSA management is basically the same people running GJs.

Every regional has problems now at days. But TSA management seems to be leading the charge right now. You still have some options out there. Try Skywest, Air Wisconson, Horizon and some of the Fractionals.
Good Luck with your decision....

MINIME said:
Don't go!!

Stay away from that place. It's a mess right now. Their management has declared war on their pilots. They've taken their ability to provide cockpit jumpseats to their partners from them. I think they are about to start contract negotiations (someone correct me if I'm wrong) pretty soon. TSA management is basically the same people running GJs.

Every regional has problems now at days. But TSA management seems to be leading the charge right now. You still have some options out there. Try Skywest, Air Wisconson, Horizon and some of the Fractionals.
Good Luck with your decision....

The difference between the 3 airlines you listed and TSA is: TSA hires guys with 700 hours.

A fractional job is harder to land than a SWA job right now.

If you really have 950 hours you don't have a ton of choices. The atmosphere is pretty bad around here right now and probably gonna get worse. The good news is they do have to keep a few pilots on property to fly the planes so they can't fire EVERYONE. Although some days it seems like they are trying. All of the regionals suck right now. Especially HoJets.

BE CAREFUL, THEY HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST. OFFER YOU A TRANS STATES CLASS, THEN CANCEL IT AND OFFER YOU A HOJETS CLASS. 95% OF THE GUYS THIS HAPPENED TO DIDN'T TAKE IT. DON'T QUIT YOUR CURRENT JOB UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE CLASS BEGINS SO YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THIS.

Go to the interview. Study the normal stuff. Know your current aircraft. know the jepp approach charts. be ready for 1 or 2 situational questions and why do want to work here, bla bla, it's not that hard. If you get the class/job, take it, but keep all you options open in the mean time.

Just heard today that a guy in the new class got hired with 380 total time. Thats gonna be fun. Anyways I would take the interview just for practice. If get the job I would think really really hard before comming here. This whole GJ thing has TSA a mess. We just got a memo yesterday saying that we can no longer allow anyone thats not a TSA guy in the flight deck jumpseat anymore. Once we start denying CHQ, or mainline guys commuting is gonna get even harder for those of us at TSA. We also start contract negotiations next month. That will probably drag out for a few years. Management is always threatening us with our jobs and sometimes even our lives (yes we did get a memo a few months ago that threatened us with the death penalty) We are losing the J41s and they are not getting replaced by anything. Not sure why we are hiring as we seem to be fat on pilots right now and when the J41s are gone in June I wouldn't be too surprised if they furlough. The USAir flying is also going away every month. Heard that the only overnight that the RIC USAir jets are doing anymore are BWI. I think we still have 2 or 3 jets that are being used as spares. They used to be USAir, but USAir is slowly cutting TSA out of the USAir Express mix. Right now we can't get the other 2 code shares to pick up those jets either. Most people at TSA would be surprised if we had jobs in 2 years. There is no hope of growth for a while because no one will start a codeshare with us because of the labor dispute. I have a bad feeling that this is just the start of the management bs as I'm sure that once contract negotiations start they will come up with even more tricks to make our lives miserable.

DO NOT COME HERE! I have been here almost a year now and have absolutely hated every single day of it at Trans States. Hulas Kenodia is the biggest F#*king A@%hole I have ever known in my life. Every week it is something new, and it's never anything good. Thank God I got a call from Air Wisconsin because I am running away as fast as I can. The worst part is, contract negotiations begin soon and it's only going to get worse, if that's possible. DO NOT COME HERE

Dude run and dont look back.

Grab a shoe with both hands, sole facing up, heel away from your body, and violently smash against forhead until unconcious, if you awake prior to interview; repeat as nessacery. :) No, seriously, and don't call me Shirley

I don't care where you go, your going some of the same stuff your hearing now. It will be in just a diffrent story line. But take heart, this is just another cycle that will eventually end, either when you move on or when TSA ceases to exist. Then it will be Mesa, or CHQ, or Pinnacle, or Colgan, or Great Lakes, or.....

Anyway, go interview. If something better comes up, go for it. If not, you've begun your career. No training contract either so if something better comes along after you take your checkride, you walk.

Take the interview for the experience. Obviously don't tell them you're just taking it for the experience. TSA isn't the best place in the world to work, it's becoming more of a battleground each week. The one good thing is that most of the guys I've flown with have been pretty good people to work with.

I've been on reserve for 6 months with no end in sight. When the 41 guys start coming over to the jet I fully expect to either be furloughed or to be stuck on reserve possibly for the whole year. If I could make decent money at it, and had a reason to be in St. Louis every night I'd go back to flight instructing over TSA in an instant.

Latest resources

Back