Good Regional Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flatspin7 said:
To be completely honest I enjoyed my time at Xjet. The work rules were decent and crews were fun for the most part. Management always came across a straight foreward and I really never had any true problems with them.

MX was very good and we had Jetways about 85% of the time.

I will second that. I really enjoy it here at XJT and we are treated pretty good. JMHO

flatspin7 said:
we had Jetways about 85% of the time.
That right there is the reason why ExpressJet is now listed as "major". You don't see the pilots at the majors walking up steps to get on their plane. Must be sweet flying for a major. I wouldn't know - us regional pilots only have jetways 50% of the time and 1/4 of that they are broken so we have to walk down the jetway to the tarmac and then walk up the stairs onto the plane.

Last edited:
wheelsup said:
That right there is the reason why ExpressJet is now listed as "major". You don't see the pilots at the majors walking up steps to get on their plane. Must be sweet flying for a major. I wouldn't know - us regional pilots only have jetways 50% of the time and 1/4 of that they are broken so we have to walk down the jetway to the tarmac and then walk up the stairs onto the plane.

:bawling: :bawling: :crying: :crying: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lets get this straight... Cape Air is not a regional, it is a commuter. Puddle jumper, or whatever. A regional is a domestic carrier with a different set of work rules that mainline and ohhhhmmm..... different payscale too.

I work for SkyWest and have been happy here. Bear in mind this board attracts tons of the vocal disgruntled minority that you'll find at any company.

yaya said:
Lets get this straight... Cape Air is not a regional, it is a commuter. Puddle jumper, or whatever. A regional is a domestic carrier with a different set of work rules that mainline and ohhhhmmm..... different payscale too.

Straight from Cape Air's website...

Our fleet of 50 Cessna 402's operates up to 800 flights per day during high season. Last year we carried 560,000 passengers, making us the largest independent regional airline in the United States.

I understand where you are coming from but just because they don't fly RJ's doesn't mean they're not a regional.

wt219200 said:

I understand where you are coming from but just because they don't fly RJ's doesn't mean they're not a regional.

Thats right, and if they flew RJ's, that would make them SCABS!!!!

SkyNation said:
I work for SkyWest and have been happy here. Bear in mind this board attracts tons of the vocal disgruntled minority that you'll find at any company.

AND, tons of the kool-aid drinkers too!

Latest resources

Back