• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

going to the caymans.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dive! If you don't dive, take a resort course then dive. If you don't want to do that, at least snorkel.

The West Bay side of the island is where all the action is and its where you will be able to walk from your accommodations to the bars, restaurants and shopping.

The East End side of the island is sparsely populated and where you would go to relax. You would also need a rental car.

I thought feeding the wild stingrays squid right out of the palm of your hand while standing in the North Sound was cool. The rays range from the size of your palm to huge.

Georgetown is where the big money shopping is but try to avoid that area when the cruise ships come in.

Enjoy! It's beautiful!

thanks guys appreciate it! Looking fwd to it. I might look into charter boat fishing if its reasonably priced, but it probably won't be.

We go there 4 times a year, so here it goes. I stay at the Marriott cuz I am a points kind of guy. But if you ask nice, they will give you a room by the pool and the beach at the hotel is excellent. Drinks are way expensive, so bring your own and chill on the beach with a Cuban if that is your thing.

If you have a bunch of money to burn, you can rent a powerboat of different sizes from a couple of places on the island. I think I paid $500 for the day for a 26 footer with skis and tubes. You can go to Stingray City all you want and the gas is included.

Jetskis and parasailing ain't cheap, but fun to do. The hotel will help you with that for free.

If you snorkel, I highly recommend either driving yourself or catching one of the many white semi private buses that run up and down the main road to Hammerheads Bar and Grill. Each way is only 1 or 2 Carib dollars.

Anyway there is a freighter that broke apart during a hurricane that is only 200 yards off shore in about 20 ft of water that is cool to dive. We are never there long enough to scuba, so snorkeling it is. There are many large Tarpins that hang around the wreck and the diving platform that is just off the back deck of hammerheads.

If you are there long enough to scuba, there are many places close to shore or you can pay the big bucks for a guide.

There are many good places to eat, just look on Trip Advisors. Great place but can be pricey. Enjoy!

Thank you jetdriver! If I'm gonna spend boat money I'd like to fish from one, but
From other islands I've visited the locals are pretty protective of jobs and their fish so I imagine will have to pay someone to do so.

Was curious if you have ever seen anyone spearfish off the shore? Maybe at that wreck? I free dive spearfish, (I'm not great but I amuse myself) and if they let me, that will probably be the cheapest entertainment I can find.

Well the boat is without a driver, so it is all yours for the day.

I never seen anyone spearfish, but who is going to stop you.

There is some large snapper right in front of the Marriott near an artificial reef/breakwater. Sprinkle a hand full of old french fries in the water and you will be surrounded by them.

Latest resources

Back