• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

going to the caymans.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A little trivia, Only "caymanians" are allowed to spearfish, in the Cayman Islands regardless if it's a spear gun or pole spear. I was disappointed to find out. The spearfishing must be incredible there. But there are no rules against hand fishing while snorkeling.

One more question taxi or rental car?

Depends on much you want to explore and if that includes drinking.

I usually get a rental at the place right across the road from the corporate terminal. You drive on the right side of the road, so be ready for that.

I use the white taxis to get to Hammerheads to snorkel because there is much beer and margarita drinking after diving. My company sort of frowns on DUI's.

As an alternative, the FBO will set up crew trans for you to and from the hotel.

Enjoy

You all are making me want to go on a vacation trip for a few days!! I have a sh!tload of Marriott points to burn...

Sorry meant driving on left side of the road like the Brits.

Speaking of burning Marriott points, I torched almost 1 million for a 11 day family vacation to UK, France and Germany last year. My oldest was at the London School of Economics for a semester and we did the Euro tour.

Great fun especially when hotels were free!!!

Would like to help the next guy that does a search for caymans and share some experiences so far...

I got a Cuban overflight permit through fltplan.com, it was way cheaper than my first offer from colt handling, the third party fees were about double and they were taking way to long to complete my paperwork due to a credit holdup even though I offered to pay up front.

Cuban overfly permit is 352.00 round trip and you just put it in the remarks of your flight plan.

Customs was polite and nice.

Everything here is 30%ish more expensive so far. I'm impressed at how urbanized a tiny Carribean island can be. I think largely unmolested free market economy is largely to thank for that. Didn't expect to see a bmw dealership.

LOL! Hell ya, chickens everywhere, right on the side of the road. And big ass Iguanas in the trees.

We don't get the overflight as we are coming from Houston. Just fly to Cancun and hang a left.

Latest resources

Back