• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go to Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Awesome. And then we will only behind in retirement, healthcare, international pay, work rules, merger language, scope language.....just to name a few.

These are the things folks need to consider. Hourly rate is just one piece of the puzzle and it doesn't do you any good if your work rules are such that you can't maximize your time.

Hourly rates mean very little without proper and enforceable work rules. In our case, work rules can be changed without pilot input or approval at any time (reference FSM 2010). That's the beauty of the DR.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

I'm thankful that the vocal few who so arrogantly post here on a regular basis know what's important and keep the rest of us focused on the real issues.
Really, thanks.

I have been watching you guys since you started in 2001.
No one expected you to be union the first 5 years but approaching year 9 or 10 many of us began to wonder when your group would wake up.
You stand in the doorway today of labor returning to wages and benefits taken from our peers for over a decade and you think your so called Leadership is going to voluntarily give them to you guys and gals. Without a strong union the pilots of Jetblue can expect to always lag the industry. Your wake up call has been ringing for several years, now would be the best time to answer it before your future in cast by profit hungry executives that care about you and your family last.
Get serious and do it fast.
And for the record you guys are always welcome in my jumpseat. I welcome the opportunity to learn more about the myths they have been telling you. When Labor unites we all benefit, even the loneliest pilot who anchors the seniority list on reserve in some small city all by himself tonight.

I'm thankful that the vocal few who so arrogantly post here on a regular basis know what's important and keep the rest of us focused on the real issues.
Really, thanks.

Well B6, why don't you explain to all what the real issues are?

Perhaps you could set up a website, or blog and encourage some real debate as to what's important. I believe you have some experience in that area.

Last edited:
No one expected you to be union the first 5 years but approaching year 9 or 10 many of us began to wonder when your group would wake up.
You stand in the doorway today of labor returning to wages and benefits taken from our peers for over a decade and you think your so called Leadership is going to voluntarily give them to you guys and gals. Without a strong union the pilots of Jetblue can expect to always lag the industry. Your wake up call has been ringing for several years, now would be the best time to answer it before your future in cast by profit hungry executives that care about you and your family last.
And for the record you guys are always welcome in my jumpseat. I welcome the opportunity to learn more about the myths they have been telling you. When Labor unites we all benefit, even the loneliest pilot who anchors the seniority list on reserve in some small city all by himself tonight.

Amen, many of us are trying!

OurMoney1,

We're trying man...believe me, we're trying.

Watching the events unfold here at bluejet is a study in group psychology, propaganda and union-busting all rolled in to one.

It's aggravating to see that there are still many "juicers" here who think you can be an airline pilot without representation.

Frank Lorenzo's disciples have done their homework, no doubt about that.

Really, thanks.

Really, I'd like to know what the real issues are as well.

Pizza?

New iPad toys?

Anther gay lesbian alternative lifestyle party?

I mean, I'm looking forward to the next company sponsored out of the closet emails...

What's important b6?

Amen, many of us are trying!

Darn right. More and more of us have learned or are finally learning that the Direct Relationship and the jetblue "culture" are a sham. I was very much against bringing in a union for quite a while but having learned how the industry works, and having learned that our management team is just like any other, I know I was wrong. I have gone from an adament NO to OC volunteer. We need a CBA. Don't worry about Dave. He already has his negotiated contract. He will be just fine.

A few folks at F9 have been buried in labor issues for a number of years now. We are attempting to resurrect our in-house union from the dead after being raided by the IBT.

I am wondering out loud if we can, at a later date, create an LCC union with three or four Local unions. It would be a Joint Council of sorts, with one main legislative body from three for four LCC airbus operators. Each separate airline would maintain their own Local for the purposes of negotiating, collection of dues, CBA administration but the JC would have a Constitution including among other things a merger policy.

Why would this be beneficial? I think LCC consolidation is a given. Why not have an approved merger procedure and avoid the great unknown of SLI arbitration. I am sure Eischen and Nicolau and Bloch could use another $300-$500K at our expense but why not make an attempt to control the process?

Meanwhile, you keep your dues in-house and attempt to establish an industry wide, LCC narrow body benefit package.

Joint Council with reps from say...F9,Spirit,JB and Virgin. We could get JB and Virgin without a showing of interest, just a write-in. That may compel Spirit to join, who knows.

Latest resources

Back