• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GIII vs. GIV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A late serial # GIII with fresh mid life done, efis and good paint/interior just sold for $7.2. Just about all that i have seen have the stage 2 hush kits and the crazy looking stage 3 hush costs about $1,250,000 with about a week turn around - so I'm told.

JDE said:
What kind of hourly fuel burn do you guys use for the G-III?

Thanks.

I plan on 5000# the first hour, 4000# the 2nd hour, 3500# for hours 3 & 4, 3000# for each hour thereafter.

My longest leg was KISP-LSZH(Zurich), 7+40 at M.77, landed with 3800#.
Took off with 6 pax + bags. Went staight to FL390, stepped to FL410 coasting out and stepped up to FL430 at 30 West.

con-pilot said:
If 10 million is the budget and possible resale is a concern you might need to change the type aircraft to purchase.

Any stage II aircraft in five years will have a very decreased resale value, no matter what, if any, hush kit is installed.

Depending on the projected passenger load you may want to look at the used Falcon 50, especially a used Falcon 50 with 3-D engines.

The Falcon does have the range for the legs you require. Also the Falcon 50 can carry a full load of passengers, baggage within reason and full fuel except extreme high altiude, hot temp. airports.

However, if you have to have the large fusulage I'm afraid you're stuck with the G-III.

The operational cost of a Falcon 50 is quite a bit less than a G-IIB or a G-III.

PM me if you have any questions.
We just purchased a VERY nice Falcon 50 (-3D engines and Collins Proline 21 retrofit) for less than $10 million. It's one heck of an airplane for the money. As far as fuel burn goes, we looking at 3000 pounds the first hour and 2200 pounds per hour after that.

'Sled

Has anyone put out (or is anyone considering) a re-engine STC for G-II and G-III airplanes to bypass the hushkit? Would be nice to see a G-III with some big fans on it.

G4G5 said:
I don't know about that. Would you rather drive a 30 year old Rolls Royce or a brand new Chevy (CFE)?

I havn't shown up to work and seen the Rolls Royce spread all over the hanger floor. I have come to come and seen the CFE spread all over the hanger floor.

I'll take the Chevy, please. :)

(@#&$(#*&$(#&*$ you guys are NEVER going to forgive me for:

1) Banging the F/A on the jetway (I didn't, but I will take credit for the rumor LOL)

2) Loving the Legacy despite its 1800 lb full-fuel useful load (full boat from east coast to west coast with 55 knot headwind and LOTS of bags--I did it, so it can be done).

Come on, has NO operator thought of putting some gigantic Rolls Royce turbofans on a G-II or G-III as an STC and getting a pretty decent (but VERY LOUUUUUUUUDDDDDDD!!!!!!--from the inside) airplane as a result. I think new motors on an old G-II or G-III would be less than a G-IV or Legacy. Where am I wrong here? Hush kits are a bandaid on a gaping wound. DITCH THE TURBOS and go to a fan.

Legacy--What color Legacy do you fly? There was a wht w/ blue stripe on the ramp Wednesday at Garrett at LAX. Was that you? Or the wht over green at Sig LAS on Thurs. morning? That one was 135-sized. The one at LAX was 145-sized.TC

Latest resources

Back