GIII vs. GIV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jcbfly

Mission/request is for a comfortable 10-12 seater that can do Orlando - Seattle any day. As i know the two planes are in different classes altogether and the purchase price of the older IV costs more than double the newer III, I'm really searching for real life costs, headaches, tax stuff for those of you with that knowledge, and an overall pro/con type discussion to add to my research.

Thanks

I am addicted to our G4, big, strong, capable and stage 3, without a black cloud and seismic tremors on take off like a G3 dinosaur. you can get #s from various sources like Conklin&DeDecker. A salesman with a G3 will make a great pitch, but you can not compare the two, the only way the 3 beats a 4 is initial purchase. My 2 cents.

Gucci Jets

Definitely get the G4. Op cost alone on the G3 is in the low to mid 4k/hr. I believe the 4 is in the low 3k. Another thing is Stage 2 is becoming an unfriendly territory at a rapid rate -- Noise violations are about 1K a pop and can be set off by slightest flaudulation of a Stage 2 jet. If you're looking to keep the jet for a few years, definitely the G4, in my humble opinion.

Aim High

There are no pre-owned G450's on the market. Expect to pay $28 million for a pre-owned G400 (DOC $2,371), $19.25 - $24.5 million for a G-IVSP (DOC $2,469), $14 - $17 million for a G-IV (DOC $2,612), $4.8 - $7.3 million for a G-III ($3,113) or $2.5 - $3.5 million for a G-IIB (DOC $3,150).

It would appear that the real bargains here are the G1159's. The Carlson Companies have the ex-Wriggley G-IIB, a 2003 Falcon 2000 and a Sabreliner. They use the G-IIB for overseas trips rather than the Falcon due to the Gulfstream's redundancy.

GV

GVFlyer said:
The Carlson Companies have the ex-Wriggley G-IIB, a 2003 Falcon 2000 and a Sabreliner. They use the G-IIB for overseas trips rather than the Falcon due to the Gulfstream's redundancy.

GV

wow, we are really stretching it these days.....

:rolleyes:

Gulfstream 200 said:
wow, we are really stretching it these days.....

:rolleyes:

Must be you're flying a Falcon now-a-days, Gulfstream 200. Didn't you have a Global gig for a while?

I'm still laughing about your first post on the "How do I tell a Corp FA to go away thread...".

GV

GVFlyer said:
Must be you're flying a Falcon now-a-days, Gulfstream 200. Didn't you have a Global gig for a while?

I'm still laughing about your first post on the "How do I tell a Corp FA to go away thread...".

GV

I gotta fly whatever they give me...even if its a Falcon. (ugh)

but c'mon GV, pushing a junk 1960s GIIB to Europe is a new low for even the most enthusiatic of Gulfstream salesmen!

;) :D

I posted a somewhat similar question two weeks ago, comparing CL300's and 2000EX.

GV, why aren't there any G350's in the field? we did an FAA search and only came up with 5 registered. the mission profile (orlando-seattle) is similar to our needs, and sounds ideal for a 350.

have the 350 sales been canabilized by the 200?

Gulfstream 200 said:
I gotta fly whatever they give me...even if its a Falcon. (ugh)

but c'mon GV, pushing a junk 1960s GIIB to Europe is a new low for even the most enthusiatic of Gulfstream salesmen!

;) :D

I don't know about that. Would you rather drive a 30 year old Rolls Royce or a brand new Chevy (CFE)?

I havn't shown up to work and seen the Rolls Royce spread all over the hanger floor. I have come to come and seen the CFE spread all over the hanger floor.

If you are considerng a G3 then something new or even fairly new is probably out of your price range. Go with the G4 their are plently of available that have excellent Fortune 100 corporate owner history. Do your homework. Their are some around that still have not done ASC166.

Latest resources

Back