• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GIII vs. GIV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the input. I have looked to various sources to find costs and the data varies - a lot. I have come up with averages that put the IV about $700 -$800 less per hour DOC to include fuel, maintenance labor, airframe/eng/avionics parts and overhaul reserves, with numbers of roughly $3400 for the III and $2600 for the IV. Lets hear what you folks that have run both feel about those numbers. Anyone out there with a crystal ball and some logical reasoning that can give some input on the worth of these two planes in the next 5 or so years?? A mixture of supply and demand and tightening regs on noise and traceability of parts by the Feds plays into this.

The proposed budget max. is 10 million. Strictly speaking, that makes the decision. There are those who feel that if you can afford the IV, you will be better off when it comes time to sell due to operating costs and depreciation. Lets hear it...

If 10 million is the budget and possible resale is a concern you might need to change the type aircraft to purchase.

Any stage II aircraft in five years will have a very decreased resale value, no matter what, if any, hush kit is installed.

Depending on the projected passenger load you may want to look at the used Falcon 50, especially a used Falcon 50 with 3-D engines.

The Falcon does have the range for the legs you require. Also the Falcon 50 can carry a full load of passengers, baggage within reason and full fuel except extreme high altiude, hot temp. airports.

However, if you have to have the large fusulage I'm afraid you're stuck with the G-III.

The operational cost of a Falcon 50 is quite a bit less than a G-IIB or a G-III.

PM me if you have any questions.

I believe the G-IV starts at $15 millions.
A good G-III costs $ 7-8 millions.
Why didn't you consider the Challenger ?

baggage said:
GV, why aren't there any G350's in the field? we did an FAA search and only came up with 5 registered. the mission profile (orlando-seattle) is similar to our needs, and sounds ideal for a 350.

have the 350 sales been canabilized by the 200?

The big Gulfstream G350 sales have been to General Motors and National Air Services of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. There have been seven G350s delivered since July 2005. There have been 60 G450s delivered since May 2005. It looks like the $33.5 million G450's additional content is worth the $6 million additional cost to most buyers.

GV

Why not look at a GII B ?
With the GIII wing It has the same range as the 'III but usually has better performance due to the slightly shorter cabin and hence lighter BOW's. Plus they're cheaper than a GIII and they still make just as much noise!

Company shut down the IIB because of age... There aren't too many available - only a couple 'good' ones, but it is certainly the most bang for the buck.

What does an older 900B in descent shape go for? Their are some from the late 80's available that can't be going for more then a G4

G4G5 said:
What does an older 900B in descent shape go for? Their are some from the late 80's available that can't be going for more then a G4

Assuming that you can find one.

Amway's wrecked (and repaired) 900B sold $17 million in Q4 '04.

Do not think it is a better airplane than the IV but the supply and demand of the 900 is definatly in the sellers favor right now.

PS for 10 million I would look toward the G-III if your company can stomach the operating expenses or a CL-601A

I received a PM from a Carlson pilot telling me that due to noise concerns, the G-IIB is no longer their primary international platform. I'm sorry for the misinformation.

GV

GVFlyer said:
I received a PM from a Carlson pilot telling me that due to noise concerns, the G-IIB is no longer their primary international platform. I'm sorry for the misinformation.

GV

GV you are always a class act. Not a lot of guys would come onto an annonomos forum to ensure correct information gets out.:beer:

Latest resources

Back