General Lee banned for debating people

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I just read on the regional forum that General Lee was banned for a week for saying someone flew for "the commuters". I enjoy reading his posts and think the moderators are being a bit too critical. Can one of them care to post why he was banned?

OYS

I didnt see his name in the penalty box. I cant imagine someone getting spanked for that. There must be more to the story. Have you tried sending him a PM?

Here it is from one of the moderators IFLY4FOOD, sounds like an ASA ATR pilot:

"See, it's inflammatory comments like that... "commuter"?

I will debate you on what you say when you say something intelligent. In your years here, you have said nothing intelligent about RJs, RJ pilots, and regional airlines, except that you don't like them, think they're a failure, blah, blah, blah. You back yourself up with "facts" straight from the DMEC. You and all of the other Widgetheads on the ALPA board have been bashing RJs for years and I'm sick of it. Get a new topic or take your rants elsewhere. This isn't your private forum to bash us "commuter" pilots.

I CAN make you go away. Consider it during your week off for flambait."

Some other guy stated that the General said he flew for the "commuters" back in the '90s, and that is what they were called back then. Good move moderators.

OYS

Personally I dislike much of what the General has to say, however, the moderator should loose his/her position for such an unjust ban.

That was gay.

Maybe we should all respond to "follow the RJ" with "Roger, we'll follow the commuter"..........I guess calling a spade a shovel is too offensive.....

Lighten up people!!!

bluejuice787 said:
the moderator should loose his/her position for such an unjust ban.

It never happened before. This moderator has a long history of banning people just because they say something that he takes personally and gets his feelings hurt over.

This moderator should have been gone LONG AGO. The other fine people moderating this forum do an excellent job. This particular one has no business in the position.

I have never been "OFFENDED" by being called a commuter pilot.........General and his airline is going through alot right now----maybe a little slack should be given (even though he did nothing wrong to begin with)

The General is a d!ckhead, but at least he's a consistant d!ckhead.

To ban him for a week because he talks down on "commuter" pilots and doesn't like RJs is pretty effin weak if you ask me.

Somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAAHMBULANCE for our esteemed mods.

Personally, I liked it better when it was primarily Eagleflip and UAL doing the bannination - at least they applied force fairly and evenly.

Latest resources

Back