• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear that the command center in CMH is an amazing place to visit.

All those years at NJ and you haven't there yet? It must be hard to lower yourself to those that are not pilots.

We could also get together at fun vacation spots. Before my husband's Union projects became so time-consuming, I used to arrange get-togethers in our area for NJ families.

Yup, the union projects he gets paid for where he doesn't have to fly to create NJ revenue.

Maybe after NJASAP is established we can look for volunteers to make the calls and arrange get-togethers in their area.

Cool, there is a part time union job for somebody!

A few of the groups do that already a couple times a year. I'd like to see more of that. And....a section of our message board for the kids to post to one another would be good. I'm all for increasing the camaraderie of our group. Thanks for your interest and support, Ozpilot! :)

One of the good things about the NJ pilots evolving into an independent Union is that there will be funds available to do more for the pilots.

Because the other employees haven't invested properly in their careers so they must be left out. I note here that once again, you only care about the pilots.

NJASAP would be able to help sponsor a retirement party, I should think.

Standard issue at most airlines that have been around long enough to have retirees.

I know there are laws governing the use of dues that must be adhered to, but surely there are ways to set up accounts--like the Pilot/Family Mutual Aid Fund--to provide flowers at funerals, new baby gifts, etc.

Yes, there are laws because unions are so honest.

I know that the NJASAP leaders have plans to become a voice for frac pilots and advance causes important to the industry, but they are also family men who value the support on the home front so I'm sure in time volunteers can work something out that will meet the approval of the NJASAP Directors.

You state what you know, but what you don't acknowedge is that non-union frac pilots are also smart enough to have a voice on their own and are family men. As a matter of fact, most of us that were involved in the rulemaking process were former pilots that specialized in supporting the industry, something that you don't understand.

Once again, you think the rest of the industry is stupid and insult those that do. Insult after insult.

One step at a time, though, we have to decertify from the Teamsters first...:) but that project is off to a good start so I'm optimistic that it's only a matter of time before the NJ pilots are officially independent.

First the Teamsters, then world domination!!!

In reality, they've been operating that way since they got their own Local. Going solo is just the next logical step for our group and now is a good time. NJW
@@@@@@@@

You nailed it, PSquared! That is exactly why the professional pilots at FltOps must have a contract to protect their careers. None of you should have to put up with sub-par wages that make you and your family fall behind your industry peers because of a CEO that lacks integrity and respect for workers who have helped to build the business he is dragging down. :mad:

CONTRACTS ARE COMMONPLACE FOR PROFESSIONALS. THE OPTIONS PILOTS HAVE EARNED THEIRS. NO MORE DRAGGING IT OUT!

For the love of God, please put B19 on your ignore list! At a minimum and if you must read his words, please do not quote him in your response. The rest of us have had enough of his spewing of deceit and flat out ignorance.
Thank you.

Hear! Hear!

BJ45, your disgust is shared by many. Thanks for making the effort to clean the slime off the board. I hate to mess up my cool boots wading thru FUD to get to the relevant posts and discuss current events with my online frac neighbors as we talk about issues that affect our lives.

Latest resources

Back