• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everybody in aviation are professionals, and part of being professional is running an on time flight. I wouldn't expect a pilot conducting a union slowdown to ever rush.

THE most important part of being a professional in aviation is ASSURING SAFETY FIRST. If the professionals on the support team start "rushing" in an attemp to make an on-time departure, this increases the liklihood that errors are going to be induced into the system that could very well compromise safety of flight. It now becomes IMPERATIVE that the pilots slow down, check, verify, and ASSURE the flight is not only safe -but also legal - to depart. Being on time is indeed a goal, but not the primary goal. I'd place it at least third down my list of priorties.

I just have to say that after reading the first 8 pages of this thread I went and educated myself on that IGNORE feature and realized that reading ******************** on FI might have just gotten a lot more bearable. Don't get me wrong, the whole reason I come here is for a nice exchange of different views, but damn some of you are ********************ing one song jackasses!

B

Ok, in reference to this and subsquent post: Don't you have anything of your own to say? Instead of massaging these guys? And I didn't think you had a dog in this fight anyways...

Skanza, last time you challenged me to defend my position I submitted a long post full of factual information that had nothing to do with the others NJ folks posting here. Perhaps to answer your own question you should go reread it. Just because I joke around with friends doesn't mean I can't speak for myself. ...:rolleyes: Actually, I have a solid reputation among the pilots for being well-informed and voicing my opinion of events in the frac industry. You don't think I have a dog in this fight...:confused: Not so. My family's income is tied to a frac company and it is in our interest to see the bar raised across the industry. The same applies to every frac family. CS families are a good example of how that works.

The FltOps pilots deserve support for trying to improve conditions in the industry. They have expressed appreciation for my posts. If you don't want to read them I suggest you follow BF's advice and make use of the ignore function.

More opinion: Low morale leads to lower productivity. It is not a coincidence that NJA and CS aren't having pacing problems in their operations. If the FLOPS upper managers were smart they'd follow the example of NJ and CS and pay their pilots like the professionals they are. Respected, motivated pilots are quite willing to go the extra mile and work as a team with management. Overworked/underpaid pilots get fed up and leave. Time for the FLOPS to offer the pilots a fair contract. It's ridiculous and wrong of them to expect to get a Ritz attitude when they pay Motel 6 wages. :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if B19's medical ineligibility is psychological. B19, just keep refilling the staplers and leave the profession to the professionals.

Skanza, last time you challenged me to defend my position I submitted a long post full of factual information that had nothing to do with the others NJ folks posting here. Perhaps to answer your own question you should go reread it. Just because I joke around with friends doesn't mean I can't speak for myself. ...:rolleyes: Actually, I have a solid reputation among the pilots for being well-informed and voicing my opinion of events in the frac industry. You don't think I have a dog in this fight...:confused: Not so. My family's income is tied to a frac company and it is in our interest to see the bar raised across the industry. The same applies to every frac family. CS families are a good example of how that works.

The FltOps pilots deserve support for trying to improve conditions in the industry. They have expressed appreciation for my posts. If you don't want to read them I suggest you follow BF's advice and make use of the ignore function.

More opinion: Low morale leads to lower productivity. It is not a coincidence that NJA and CS aren't having pacing problems in their operations. If the FLOPS upper managers were smart they'd follow the example of NJ and CS and pay their pilots like the professionals they are. Respected, motivated pilots are quite willing to go the extra mile and work as a team with management. Overworked/underpaid pilots get fed up and leave. Time for the FLOPS to offer the pilots a fair contract. It's ridiculous and wrong of them to expect to get a Ritz attitude when they pay Motel 6 wages. :mad:

You have a right to voice your opinion.

But you have NO IMPACT on the aviation industry, fractional or otherwise.

You are nothing but a pilot's wife, and anything you say has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Your continued disrespect to the non-pilot professionals that are relied upon everyday to ensure the safety and integrity of the industry is astounding.

Even in this post, you say you have a reputation amongst the pilots. That's because you haven't a clue as to what happens behind the scenes with non-pilot employees which is far more important than what happens during each flight.

Unions put enormous stress on all employees of any company.

The NJASAP you support is disgusting. I find it selfish and typical union rhetoric. Use the IBT for whatever you can and discard it later when it's no longer of use. Is it legal? Yeah, it is. But like everything else about unions, legal doesn't mean ethical or moral.

You are nothing but a pilot's wife.

I wouldn't be surprised if B19's medical ineligibility is psychological. B19, just keep refilling the staplers and leave the profession to the professionals.

Pilots are professionals, that is true, but having the courage to step off the flight deck and into the required world of management where bills are paid, budgets are created, policy is made, standards are established, safety programs are created, pilots are trained and schedules are maintained is a lot more challenging than simply flying everyday. Throw a union in that thinks they know more than an experienced manager (like a teenager, the union thinks they know it all), and it takes a lot more courage than you can imagine.

Do it sometime, if you have the courage.

Pilots are professionals, that is true, but having the courage to step off the flight deck and into the required world of management where bills are paid, budgets are created, policy is made, standards are established, safety programs are created, pilots are trained and schedules are maintained is a lot more challenging than simply flying everyday. Throw a union in that thinks they know more than an experienced manager (like a teenager, the union thinks they know it all), and it takes a lot more courage than you can imagine.

Do it sometime, if you have the courage.

YOUR NOTHING BUT A MORON

Latest resources

Back