• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future Union Representation at RJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're still waiting for the damn arbitrator to decide the definition of a "seat". Then I guess we go to arbitration again to figure out a payscale. Another 6-12 months MINIMUM before that even gets heard. As far as our next contract, Hillary Clinton will be well into her second term as president before we see a new TA.

We're still waiting for the damn arbitrator to decide the definition of a "seat". Then I guess we go to arbitration again to figure out a payscale. Another 6-12 months MINIMUM before that even gets heard. As far as our next contract, Hillary Clinton will be well into her second term as president before we see a new TA.

Damn. You were supposed to announce that in Ecuador!

Having seen both ALPA and Teamster on property at companies I have worked for and being a little bit of a student of Airline history, I would rather stay Teamsters.

Says it all..........

Has the IBT discussed the big changes in MKE this fall?

Is MKE a EMB170 or ERJ pilot domicile?

According to the Fall schedule that was just released, along with the acceleration of 320 deliveries, MKE is going to look completely different in just a few months.

38% increase in Airbus flying (Along with a massive increase of east coast flying)

34% reduction in E70 flying.

25% reduction in ERJ flying.

There is an overall 10% reduction in capacity going into the shoulder season, which is actually a smaller than normal draw down of flying compared to previous years.

When RAH combined the ERJ's and even the 170-190 flying into the branded CASM, the costs shot through the roof. What we are seeing here is a logical change.

The FAPA CBA has language the covers furlough and voluntary leaves. Does your contract require the company to meet and discuss furlough mitigation?

I am not implying that furloughs are imminent, but the constant chatter regarding 50 seat flying going away would have me concerned. Is the IBT staying in front of this?

I honestly wouldn't be too worried about furloughs either, BB and friends staff for the low season and then panic during the high season. Constant chatter about 50 seat flying going away? My 100 hours of it on reserve last month would like to beg to differ.

I have since moved on but I was hired at CHQ in 95. The current MEC must be removed, most of them were voted out years ago but weasled there way back in with the help of the now discraced 747 leaders. They are out for themselves and only themselves.
Case in piont, they helped keep senior pilots at Shuttle America and out of Republic Airlines above them in seniorty. When rjet first getting the 170s a bid was put out for the ERJ at Republic Airlines. Halfway through class 2mec members willing droped out and went back to CHQ, hmm? We soon learned the RW certificate was not ready the company scrambled and put the planes on the Shuttle certificate they had just bought. We were not alowed to bid out of Shuttle when the real Republic came on line because it took intial training with no pay rate raise, even though we never bid or were awarded Shuttle? We were from the east coast and never wanted Shuttle. The MEC refused to help and refused our grievance. But when the USAirways 175s came online with 86seats there should have been a bid for the higher pay equipment and status allowing us to go to RW. However the MEC let the company not do this and again rejected our grievance we filed. RW is still operating these planes non contractual with no one getting the higher base pay, just the higher rate when they fly the 86seaters.
I'm glad I'm out, just beware. They are rats and as corrupt and untrustworthy as the folks from the shut down local that may be going to jail.

Last edited:
The leadership is a "whole different animal" now. Sorry I could not help it. For real things are much better around here union wise.

The leadership is a "whole different animal" now. Sorry I could not help it. For real things are much better around here union wise.

I have not heard that sentiment from the gents flying the line. I have only chatted with a dozen or so guys in MKE and DEN but I have not heard one positive thing yet about the IBT's representation.

What is the IBT's plan for the 40+ flights a day that are leaving MKE? The Fall schedule has a huge decrease in EMB flying and a huge increase in Airbus flying. Someone above posted that RAH staffs for the slow season and somehow manages to cover the high season, but all of this flying is coming out of the branded side. This is the first full summer and fall for the branded operations, and RAH is learning quickly that E-jets can't compete against Airtran 737's. This fall is nothing like previous fall seasons at RAH.

What is the IBT telling the pilot group? I want to know because at some point in time the IBT is going to be on a representation ballot for 3000 republic pilots (fixed fee and branded ops together assuming the NMB rules in that manner).

Is there a voluntary leave program being set up, or has Delta/United/American/US Airways requested additional lift from the E170/145/135's? There is no way the fixed fee side is going to absorb this much of a reduction in flying.

I also know that the E190's and other higher paying positions were awarded out of seniority order as people were "displaced" prior to a vacancy bid. That alone is worth getting the IBT off of property. Will the branded pilots flying E190/170/145/135's also be furloughed out of seniority order?

I have not heard that sentiment from the gents flying the line. I have only chatted with a dozen or so guys in MKE and DEN but I have not heard one positive thing yet about the IBT's representation.

What is the IBT's plan for the 40+ flights a day that are leaving MKE? The Fall schedule has a huge decrease in EMB flying and a huge increase in Airbus flying. Someone above posted that RAH staffs for the slow season and somehow manages to cover the high season, but all of this flying is coming out of the branded side. This is the first full summer and fall for the branded operations, and RAH is learning quickly that E-jets can't compete against Airtran 737's. This fall is nothing like previous fall seasons at RAH.

What is the IBT telling the pilot group? I want to know because at some point in time the IBT is going to be on a representation ballot for 3000 republic pilots (fixed fee and branded ops together assuming the NMB rules in that manner).

Is there a voluntary leave program being set up, or has Delta/United/American/US Airways requested additional lift from the E170/145/135's? There is no way the fixed fee side is going to absorb this much of a reduction in flying.

I also know that the E190's and other higher paying positions were awarded out of seniority order as people were "displaced" prior to a vacancy bid. That alone is worth getting the IBT off of property. Will the branded pilots flying E190/170/145/135's also be furloughed out of seniority order?

The IBT isn't doing a thing. How could they? Like BB told the MEH MEC, "they are so disorganized he doesn't even know who to talk to if he ever wanted to."

The IBT isn't doing a thing. How could they? Like BB told the MEH MEC, "they are so disorganized he doesn't even know who to talk to if he ever wanted to."

I have personally heard Bedford say the exact same quote.

It unfortunately appears that the IBT only understands one way interact with the company (this applies to other properties as well, not just Republic). The "IBT way" just doesn't work here.

Latest resources

Back