Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed mainline pilots entitled to left seat of their regional carriers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyerdan

I keep hearing that mainline pilots are pushing for this to happen but it seems unlikely to me. Anyone else have an opinion or information about this subject?

Thumbs down. What gives them that right?

That's a bit elitist in a way to expect that. Especially since regionals are musical chairs to mainline.

Last edited:
No. One list the W/O's with mainline, and maybe they could get us to talk.

They have no right to another airlines left or right seats, and no where but the bottom of the list.

Holy Sh!t.................Here we go!

...............and no! Unless I am entitled to a seat at their airline when the tables are turned.

There's no place for them to go. (As of now)

just to clarify, I think the push that is going on is for left seat jobs only in growth airplanes that result from mainline shrinking. From what I understand, the push is for the left seat positions, but still be put at the bottom of the seniority list. Therefore nobody bumps anybody.

just to clarify, I think the push that is going on is for left seat jobs only in growth airplanes that result from mainline shrinking. From what I understand, the push is for the left seat positions, but still be put at the bottom of the seniority list. Therefore nobody bumps anybody.

There's ALPA logic for you....I guess seniority doesn't apply in this case....bottom of the list wouldn't be able to hold left seat....

Take your number at the bottom.....

I don't speak for ALPA...I was simply stating MY understanding of what some pilots are attempting to do, so I don't think this would apply as official "ALPA logic"

Nobody bumps anybody???? What about the senior FO's who've been waitting for the right combination of factors to upgrade?

Making people captains out of seniority is wrong!!!!!!!!

Should they get preferencial hiring? ABSOLUTELY!

But to the bottom of the list, and whatever seat they can hold. If mainline again wants to supplement their pay, then that's a bonus.

Don't mess with the seniority system.

That seems more like an exercise of semantics than an attempt at clarification.

The "growth airplanes" would be operated by the regional carriers and it should follow that pilots already employed at the regionals should have or upgrade into those left seat jobs. Anything else would have to be (by definition) a breach of seniority. I would think the only exception might be if a regional airline didn't have enough FO's with the qualifications needed to upgrade to the left seat.

Latest resources

Back