• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlough at CCAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No sh*t we are a regional. Just like the above mentioned airlines. I never said we were anything else. And I do know most of this is managements fault; however, like many of those who posted above, I have had to many bad experiences with mesa pilots. I have herd pilots from mesa excited about getting more flying from CC Air too and it makes me sick. Maybe it is just one or two bad guys in your group but he sure gets around. I dont whine because we dont have rj's. I personally dont like them very much anyway and I am very happy with the 328. At this level what does it matter. Would i take the extra money if we got rj's....sure.....would i go to mesa to make less to fly one.....dont think so.

Why TDY to CLT

Well for starters Mesa pilots could not TDY to CLT to take CCAir flying. I know that other pilots groups will not pick up open flying or get blacklisted. ie Horizon. Boy, to TDY to CLT from AZ. Sure is sticking the knife in the back if you ask me. That is just one way that the Mesa pilot group is hurting fellow pilots.

CLT TDY

C152, Not one Mesa pilot has bid tdy in CLT. They have all been Junior Assigned. If you refuse the JA, you may be fired.

You want to blacklist these guys. Sure..

Also, you may want to familiarize yourself with how you end up being blacklisted. Appears that you are not real clear on that.

Mam, just the facts please. (Joe Friday)

So are all the guys and gals who fly for AWA, Southwest, Vanguard, Airtran, Spirit, Frontier, etc all whores because the make less many than the big 4 who are losing tons of money? I am willing to bet that a lot of regional pilots would be happy to fly for Southwest or Americawest and/or use someone like Vanguard as a stepping stone. Most of these issues are caused by management. It is impractical to say a pilot working for company X should refuse to do something. If they refuse they will get fired.

I am surprised by the number of Mesa pilots who support Freedom airlines. Why they would want to divide the pilot group even more I will never understand. Greed is an underlying problem in our country. Management will try everything in its power to make more $. Some pilots don't care what they are paid so long as they can build time. While I am more comfortable about making generalizations about management I think it is a poor practice to label a particular airlines pilots as being bad. There are a@#holes every where. So I would focus on strengthening things whereever you work and spend less time bashing your fellow pilots. I for one would fly for Mesa for one reason. I live in Phoenix and I would like to be based here. I would be willing to make less so that I would not have to commute. I am sure others make the same selection based on a given need.

- AZPilot

I think that HUD has addressed all of the major "points" quite thoroughly. You are quite well spoken and eloquent for someone who is just a "skywhore." Just joking brother.

It sounds like the pilots at the W.O.s are pretty upset and a little nervous about their jobs. They should be, because the financial situation at USAirways is looking pretty bleak. Why is it that you are lashing out and taking cheap shots at the pilots, though, when the real issues are with management? You guys are only making yourselves look and sound really pathetic with these attacks. Again, HUD addressed your "grievances" adequately.

Let's deal with reality for a little while instead of living in "fantasy land," shall we guys? The business model of the major airlines has been under attack and weakening for more that just the eight months since 9-11. USAirways was going to loose a wad of cash even without those horrific events. The invasion of SouthWest, jetBlue, AirTran, the fractionals, Delta and the tunnel-vision of US management on the United merger have taken their toll. The business model is broken though guys. US is going to need some major restructuring to have a chance to stay alive. It sickens me to hear guys that work for a company that treats you guys well, talk about how you would rather see the company go under than take any concessions. If I knew nothing else about you except for that, then I think I would know enough about you right there. I work for a company that treats people pretty poorly. They talk about a new kind of relationship between managment and labor, but their actions are the same old stuff. Where is your loyalty? To your company or to the pilot's profession? I would bet I know what a pilot from SouthWest or jetBlue would say. That is why they will continue to kick US's butt.

It comes down to basic economics guys: broken business model, inadequate revenue, highest (or near highest) costs in the industry = something has got to give.

I hope that you will appreciate what you have or you might loose it.

God bless you all.
Spiff

CCAIR CONTRACT

I was a former CCAIR pilot. Mesa or CCAIR will never have a great contract because, well several reasons. First, too many senior pilot are happy making 50 grand and living in CLT, so they will never rock the boat. Second, too many people think if I am not a pilot what am I!!Third, MESA senoir pilots are not going to help at all. They do not want to lose their "JETS".I applaud MESA and CCAIR young guys and gals for trying to get a better contract but with out everybody really shooting for the same thing there is not much hope. Case in point, CCAIRs contract was probably below what they deserve but it still passed, RIGHT!! Well who voted for it, I bet Senior guys> Just a thought, sorry so long. Good luck in the future....

Latest resources

Back