• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fuel prices up and Delta Saabs stay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, please no! That's the most uncomfortble POS I have ever ridden on. The rock hard seats, noise, and the seatback velcro pulling my hair out is just unbearable.
All that and being imprisoned on board for about ten minutes after landing until they feel it safe to let you off this bucket of bolts is simply unbearable. These things need to be turned into razor blades asap.

Let me guess....flip'n the shades up and.....oh yeah, here it comes...

Props are for boats.

It's a good thing your opinion doesn't matter...the crj200 is worthless at crude prices over $100/barrel....better get used to the vibrations. Props are coming back.

They may not be the most confortable airplane, but they are very safe, dependable, and economical. Plus were not talking about flying them to paris. They will be perfect on some of those short jet routes that have lighter loads. Otherwise Delta may lessen frequency or cancel service all together. Lets not forget, the original intent of the regional airline

[/QUOTEOh, please no! That's the most uncomfortble POS I have ever ridden on. The rock hard seats, noise, and the seatback velcro pulling my hair out is just unbearable.

Short version = Grow a pair you Nancy!

Maybe a little good news for Mesaba's furloughs. A good source says that all of the Delta Saab flying is here to stay. Even some increase in the ATL side of the house. I don't find that all too surprising since oil is over $100 a barrel and more and more 200's are leaving the system.

Along with the Delta Saab flying staying I hear we will be opening an ATL Saab base soon. I really don't see too much increase in MEM, but ATL is where the increase would be.

Hopefully the recall letter will be sent out sooner rather than later.

Maybe instead of high oil, maybe the reason could be the LGA slot swap deal with USAir may actually occur, and USAir wouldn't need the Saab feed. Maybe something is in the works? USAir wants to refocus on DCA, and dump a lot of the LGA stuff except their NYC Shuttle, which they hope they can fly eventually out of the current DL Marine Air Terminal if the swap is allowed.

OYS

This SLI is getting messy for our furloughs. The sad truth is that you are probably right.

No offense to you, but furloughs deserve to be on the bottom of the SLI. It's the whole "career expectation" thing in arbitration. Like the Midwest Express guys who were furloughed were basically stapled to the bottom of the SLI at Republic.

No offense to you, but furloughs deserve to be on the bottom of the SLI. It's the whole "career expectation" thing in arbitration. Like the Midwest Express guys who were furloughed were basically stapled to the bottom of the SLI at Republic.

Well as of this moment none of the companies have any furloughs, so that no longer is an issue.

Just because it was done somewhere else, it definitely doesnt mean that it's right...

I still am amazed at some of the comments I read on here. Career expectations is exactly what they had. Is it their fault Delta decided to jerk them around? And now you want to stick it to them again. Classy

Oh, please no! That's the most uncomfortble POS I have ever ridden on. The rock hard seats, noise, and the seatback velcro pulling my hair out is just unbearable.
All that and being imprisoned on board for about ten minutes after landing until they feel it safe to let you off this bucket of bolts is simply unbearable. These things need to be turned into razor blades asap.

HEY, thats the SAAB you are talking about. I think its a better ride than the 200, but obviously louder.

As to where the Saabs are going in the Delta system, I really hope to see a reduction on MEM and an increase in ATL. Since the merger there has been a slow shift of connections through ATL instead of MEM.

You really need an additional 130+ Saab FOs in LGA?

WOW. Welcome back to your sh*tty job at Mesaba, now you get to commute to LGA to sit reserve on the Saab.

Latest resources

Back