• Friendliest aviation community on the web
From The ALPA/MEC Email

"Hi, we're offerring you recall"

"sorry, I'm at Pinnacle"

"hi, we're offerring you recall"

"sorry, I'm at Pinnacle"

...and so on.

OFFICIAL FURLOUGH RECALL

Good news for those of you on furlough! Mesaba today announced a recall of all furloughed pilots. You should very soon be receiving official notification in the mail with related instructions.

The recall will be for classes that begin in April with the first being April 4th. If you are currently flying at Colgan Air or Pinnacle Airlines, you will be held in your current position for 60 days in accordance with the applicable Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs).

We will not know the base(s) or aircraft assignments available to the recalls until Mesaba publishes the required Vacancy Notice(s). We assume the majority if not all of the vacancies will be for the LGA Saab.

Furloughed Pilots currently working under last July's MOU at Pinnacle or Colgan have two options available:

One, if you wish to retain your Mesaba seniority number you must accept the Mesaba recall. When you accept the recall, Pinnacle and Colgan will hold you in your present position for 60 days per the MOU. This 60 day holdover will put you past the point of the completion of SLI and you will, in all likelihood, remain in your current Pinnacle or Colgan position, as the company has express a desire to keep you in your CJC/PCL positions.

Two, if you do NOT accept recall, you will resign your Mesaba seniority number and assume your present seniority number that began when you started working at Pinnacle or Colgan. You would no longer be covered under the terms of the MOU and would lose the applicable benefits.

If you plan to continue flying for the new combined company we strongly recommend that you accept recall.

We realize there will be many questions and comments and we will try to respond to them as quickly as possible.

OFFICIAL FURLOUGH RECALL

....We assume the majority if not all of the vacancies will be for the LGA Saab.....

You know what they say about assuming.

You know what they say about assuming.

This is just a temporary place to see how many actually take the recall. When I was furloughed, only 80ish out of 220ish returned. The company needs to know this before they start up the hiring process for Mesaba. If we get more Delta at risk flying on the Saab this summer, those LGA FO spots will be moved as needed to fill the vacancies that come up as the Saab block hours are increased with the added flying.

Yeah, I heard the same about the Mesaba recall, good news. There's also some talk that ASA might be picking up ATL-based Dash8-400s (Q's). Supposedly the flying that is currently CRJ2 operated is getting expensive, passenger complaints about the CRJ2 are on the rise, paralleling the insane operating costs of the plane. This could be a huge move for ASA, apparently they've been talking to Bombardier for over a month now, and we could see an order within the next quarter.

Oh, please no! That's the most uncomfortble POS I have ever ridden on. The rock hard seats, noise, and the seatback velcro pulling my hair out is just unbearable.
All that and being imprisoned on board for about ten minutes after landing until they feel it safe to let you off this bucket of bolts is simply unbearable. These things need to be turned into razor blades asap.

Yeah, I heard the same about the Mesaba recall, good news. There's also some talk that ASA might be picking up ATL-based Dash8-400s (Q's). Supposedly the flying that is currently CRJ2 operated is getting expensive, passenger complaints about the CRJ2 are on the rise, paralleling the insane operating costs of the plane. This could be a huge move for ASA, apparently they've been talking to Bombardier for over a month now, and we could see an order within the next quarter.

Someone needs to start up an ASA pilot board, charge 5 bucks and become a millionaire.

Oh, please no! That's the most uncomfortble POS I have ever ridden on. The rock hard seats, noise, and the seatback velcro pulling my hair out is just unbearable.
All that and being imprisoned on board for about ten minutes after landing until they feel it safe to let you off this bucket of bolts is simply unbearable. These things need to be turned into razor blades asap.
Let me guess....flip'n the shades up and.....oh yeah, here it comes...

Props are for boats.

It's a good thing your opinion doesn't matter...the crj200 is worthless at crude prices over $100/barrel....better get used to the vibrations. Props are coming back.

Someone needs to start up an ASA pilot board, charge 5 bucks and become a millionaire.

We have an ASA board. This is it, and everyone else is just a guest. Sorry for any inconvenience. "Thanks for everything you do", and please restrict replies to ASA related topics only. We do appreciate your attention to this matter.

Latest resources

Back