• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those that want to "vote and get it over with" at SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is simply a point of interest for future reference.

H.R. 800 has been introduced and referred to committee. Among its provisions are that if the majority of a labor group (such as SkyWest pilots) petition for union representation, this would be sufficient. In other words, simply having 50% + 1 of the group sending in post cards would do the trick. If this passes, it will give a clear reason for those who don't want union representation to even send in the card for the vote.

By the way, the bill has 233 co-sponsors so it looks like a lock to pass the House.

Excellent point. What a joke that bill is. There should absolutely be an election no matter who sends cards in. If the vote passes so be it but the OC always trys to dupe people into "sending in their cards". Oh we promise this isn't binding, just send in your card and wait for the election. If this bill passes I submit the card campaign should be started all over again!!

Why don't you just quit ALPA John?
Take your money and give it to the rjdc, I mean they've done so much for the industry! After all, you can treat it like you do the meeting notes! You do nothing but complain, and I don't know how the rest of the ASA MEC tolerates your pathetic whining!

The ASA pilots only have to deal with JB for 2 more weeks. Then the new guy takes over. I heard the new guy ran on a platform that he would actually do his job and not hold meeting notes hostage. He won by a landslide.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back