For those that want to "vote and get it over with" at SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

embdrvr

On another thread there was a lot of whining about the ALPA drive.
I kept hearing the sentiment of "vote and get it over with."

If you want to have a vote so you can "get over it" here's a very simple strategy. Sign the cards. All of you. Signing the card does not obligate you to vote for the union. Hell you don't even have to vote in the subsequent election.

The best way for you to make it all go away is to sign the card. Once that 75 or 80% figure has been reached there will be nothing holding back the election. Then if you don't want ALPA on the proerty you can vote no. Since you're so convinced that the union will get voted down why not just play along?

On another thread there was a lot of whining about the ALPA drive.
I kept hearing the sentiment of "vote and get it over with."

If you want to have a vote so you can "get over it" here's a very simple strategy. Sign the cards. All of you. Signing the card does not obligate you to vote for the union. Hell you don't even have to vote in the subsequent election.

The best way for you to make it all go away is to sign the card. Once that 75 or 80% figure has been reached there will be nothing holding back the election. Then if you don't want ALPA on the proerty you can vote no. Since you're so convinced that the union will get voted down why not just play along?

Alpa vote will pass this time!

ok, we'll do that.

then, when it is voted down, will you continue to cast aspersions on the SkyWest pilot group, or will you respect their decision via their democratic process to do what they feel is right?

ok, we'll do that.

then, when it is voted down, will you continue to cast aspersions on the SkyWest pilot group, or will you respect their decision via their democratic process to do what they feel is right?

Why do you care what other pilot groups think?

ok, we'll do that.

I'll respect your decision. But at some point SkyWest pilots will be the lowest paid pilots in the industry due to no representation, and a union drive to scare management into giving you a pay raise won't work because of the number of times it's been voted down.

ok, we'll do that.

No one here casts aspersions on the entire Skywest pilot group. They only call out guys like yourself that bash unions without being educated on the subject. You continue to make completely inaccurate statements about ALPA and unions in general, so don't expect people to just sit back and allow it to go on.

Why do you care what other pilot groups think?

I don't. why do other groups care what we think?

I was at an ALPA carrier, does my experience count for anything?

are my opinions automatically discounted because I don't support the club, or is there a non-union position that you'd respect?

Last edited:
are my opinions automatically discounted because I don't support the club, or is there a non-union position that you'd respect?

No your opinions are discounted because you're a fcuking idiot.
Clear?
I see you've stumbled across the unionfacts website.
Here's some info on the guy who set it up. BTW he refuses to disclose who is funding it.

"Mr. Berman runs a public affairs firm in Washington and helped to create the American Beverage Institute and the Employment Policies Institute, which has helped the restaurant industry fight increases in the minimum wage.
He has faced criticism in recent years for arguing on behalf of his clients that drinking a lot of soda does not contribute to diabetes and that Americans have been "force-fed a steady diet of obesity myths by the 'food police,' trial lawyers, and even our own government." Mr. Berman was also criticized for fighting a push by Mothers Against Drunk Driving to tighten rules on alcohol limits for drivers."

Oh and if you help get this election out of the way and itr fails you're guaranteed to be "union-free" just the way SGU and millions of dividend collecting shareholders want you to be.
If it passes you just might stop the steady erosion of QOL.

Last edited:
ok, we'll do that.

There will be no respecting of the skywest pilot group they are a bunch of undercutting bizatches

Latest resources

Back