Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO/Flex how would you vote to integrate??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Majority is Majority

If all of your furloughed pilots get to vote (that depends on their current job status per the IBT) then every FJ pilot could vote no and still have the union represent us.

In that case, yes I feel that it is being forced on us.

Would you not agree. We got our vote, but they didn't matter.

We might as well not have voted.

Well, let's see. A company acquires another company. The company that does the acquisition decides to merge those companies under one umbrella called OneSky. So, everyone is ultimately working for the same parent.

The ownership and operations (especially with a Single Operating Certificate) would be determined as a single carrier. The company knows that, the government determines that. One happy family.

So, ALL of those employees in class and craft get to vote. The MAJORITY gets their choice. But, YOU don't like it, so it's not fair.

Yes, there is something wrong with that.

Keep in mind. Those unionized pilots at Flight Options didn't acquire Flexjet. The company knew that the majority of the pilot class and craft would be unionized as a result of the acquisition. But you find this unacceptable and don't want to blame the employer. You choose to blame the majority. The unionized pilot group.

One happy family. Not them and us. So, majority rules.

This is how is works around the world. It sounds like it is not acceptable in your world.

Stay on Script

If all of your furloughed pilots get to vote (that depends on their current job status per the NMB) then every FJ pilot could vote no and still have the union represent us. The NMB representation manual does state that furloughed pilots that are regularly working in another craft or class from the one they are furloughed are not eligible to vote. It also states that only furloughed pilots that have a reasonable expectation of returning to work have the right to vote.

I would asume the company will challenge most/all of the furloughed pilots voting rights based on one of these two criteria.

In the case where every FJ pilot would vote no and still be represented by the IBT I would feel it is being forced upon us.

Would you not agree. We got our vote, but they didn't matter.

We might as well not have voted.

Interesting how your reply was amended.

It must be important to stay on script.

-LET ME AMEND THAT-

Or vetting must be a little slow.

Last edited:
Interesting how your reply was amended.

It must be important to stay on script.

-LET ME AMEND THAT-

Or vetting must be a little slow.

It was amended because I had several typos.

I also originally thought it was IBT policy regarding furloughed pilots voting, but searched and found out it was part of the NMB policy.

If you check, quite a few of my posts are edited due to auto correct and typos.

Edited again for typos.

If it was hypothetical, then quit saying it's going to get forced on you.

Would there be any % of FJ pilots voting no where you would feel it was being forced on us? 100% 99% 98%? What number makes it ok in your mind?

It is easy to potentially be on the side of the larger pilot group saying how "of course this is fair."

Why does anybody continue to engage TWA 2 ASA FO? It is obvious that his mind will never be changed by this dialog, even by those of us being rational and reasonable, never mind the heated exchanges. There are hundreds of us at Options that understand and appreciate the value of union representation, and the fact is that our votes show it. There are a few vocal Flex pilots here on FI who are anti-union, and they are certainly entitled to their opinions, but they don't speak for the majority of the flex pilots. Oh sure, they might think and argue that a vast majority of the rest think like they do, but that is just because the most of them are (wisely) a bit afraid to make themselves a target by openly supporting unionization, especially given the history of what happened during the Travel Air/Flight Options merger. Given time, they will eventually start to see policy changes, and begin to understand why the Options pilots have ultimately voted for representation. Flexjet may not have needed a union under Bombardier's stewardship, but it is a new era, and the IBT it is a far sight better than the alternative under KR & the Directional Capital umbrella. The Options pilots all know that it is probably killing KR not to be able to make the changes that he really wants to, for fear that the Flex pilots will start to see thing the same way that we already do. It may take a little time, but the majority of Flexjets pilots will eventually come to understand this, and no amount of bickering here on FI is really going to change anyone's mind.

Would there be any % of FJ pilots voting no where you would feel it was being forced on us? 100% 99% 98%? What number makes it ok in your mind?

It is easy to potentially be on the side of the larger pilot group saying how "of course this is fair."

Then you might as well say that Bombardier is the one that forced the Union on you, by selling you.

993 Pilot et al
I agree that TWA 2 should stop his continual sword fighting with FO…there really is nothing left to discuss.
The Flex “anti-union pilots” you mention are not, I believe, anti-union so much as they are pilot’s who don’t feel a need for a union….if circumstances change for the worst, I believe most of us would come together and vote in a union(hopefully not the 1108). I, and many others I’ve talked with here, don’t see a need for a union now with it’s immediate pay reduction i.e. dues, it’s inevitable decline in work attitudes, service quality, and efficiencies that will follow. You Goobers who post all the lies, half truths, exaggerations, and other BS don’t help your cause. The auto workers in the South, the teachers unions in Wisconson, and many other places are abandoning union membership because they realize what unions are…just another special interest group trying to get your money and then spending that money on themselves and their political cronies.
You say, given time, we will see policy changes here at Flex…..well, DUHHH..if you just put $200M into acquiring a company, would you not put your imprimatur on it. Your fear-mongerring about change is getting a bit long in the tooth and sounds like a bunch of kids in a dark closet afraid to peek out the door. If DAC were to start doing stuff that affects our livelihood and ability to make a descent living I would definitely consider a union. Until then, we are doing just fine without the 1108.
WL

Latest resources

Back