• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS furlough another 24

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a couple of years Flexjet might as well be called FlightOptions. It will be the same company with the same old FLOPS players running it. Just remember RTA/FLOPS equaled about 225 airplanes and 950 pilots back in 2002, and in 2013 prior to FLEX , we had about 80 ish planes and 400 ish pilots, that is a decline in business under this management and prior managements. So FLOPS has never grown since Riccis merger with RTA.

Look at how things are going now, FLOPS, more or less was a viable company, now we're loosing BJ and CX, so all that is left is 40 ish phenoms and 5 legacy. Pretty stellar record for 20+ years in business.
Look at FLEX, (flex guys chime in as I'm not up on your numbers) LJ 45 going away, LJ85 (not flex fault) not coming. LJ 75 (Ricci rocket 2) not quite the badazz plane it was suppose to be, did order 20 C350, only a couple of g450's and globals + 1-g650 ???, only one ordered I guess, I forgot his personal g-5.
Aerion of (2014)....= Lineage of 2003( pipe dream of riccis)

Last edited:
Everyone at FO and Flex should know what is coming. Union busting strategies are not unpublished. Did you expect a furlough? You should have. I'd expect another one, probably about a month before sitting down and really hitting the negotiations. Expect another one as negotiations draw to a close.

Also, expect cut backs on perks. Like your crew meal? Well, don't expect shrimp and steak requests to be honored. You might get imitation crab and bologna sandwiches. You should also expect to see MEL items deferred and extended more often. There will be more enforcement of rules that aren't well enforced, like uniforms or delays. Someone will be fired for something that wasn't so bad. You will be told that the company is in trouble and the only way to save your job is to give in.

You can fight back. Be very very familiar with company rules and your contract. DO NOT VIOLATE EITHER FOR ANYTHING EVER! Make sure your uniforms are pristine and that the company never hears you complain. If they hear you complain, they'll keep going down the same path because, in their mind, you are about to break. File formal complaints with the union and do it as often as company/contract violations happen, but never...NEVER...for anything that didn't happen. NEVER spread rumors. If you want to turn pilots against the union, spreading rumors that are not true is the fastest way to do that. The union should establish a word of mouth campaign with designated pilots that are given truthful information to give to other pilots. Do not repeat anything that doesn't come from a designated pilot. Be positive about your needs. Better pay and better schedule would make me more productive.

In short, be professional, be honest and don't give them anything to use against you in negotiations. You have the upper hand. This is the worst time for a company to negotiate. Demand is high, supply is low and you are the seller in a seller's market.

You know KSU Aviator, as much as I have railed against our union leadership at Flexjet I do have to give them props. They have never lied, even when it would have done them some good in the short term.

Meanwhile all I can see from management is lie after lie after lie. Just got confirmation today from a trusted source who's been right about everything else: in the weeks prior to the roll out of the RL VP announcement, RH has been actively recruiting low seniority numbers into the DRL and IRL programs. He's promised them spots out of seniority regardless of what the rules supposedly are. Shameles.

Yet half the Flexjet list still want to believe it will all work out if they just let it ride. Hard to believe after the predictions of everything the union said would happen have come true, we are still not getting that Kenn Ricci is a ruthless narcissist who will stop at nothing to get his way.

Our choice is merely whether or not we're okay with that. I guess some guys have their answer. Sadly it is that they are just fine with it.

Ksu and imisspilot two most on the point posts seen in long time . I only disagree with the fact KR picked FLEX for a reason he had a grip on the pulse of the pilot group. That's why Citation Air deal didn't work. He has found the IGM of the industry and nothing is gonna change the majority. Decert will happen. And this company will be setting the bar for a whole new low while he gets richer n richer. Anyone see the new uniforms the Marching Band got?
Any Flex guys wake up yet? naaahhhh

if anybody wants to make their own donation;
Notre Dame Bands
100 Ricci Band Rehearsal Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Phone: (574) 631-7136

I can only imagine which group of pilots are going to get to wear the old marching band uniforms. :eek:

Latest resources

Back