FLOPS furlough another 24

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dime line

Did Ricci give 5 million to the ND band, while the same day he furloughs another 24 at FLOPS...wow...Are we the only airplane operator furloughing?

Ricci did this pure and simple to break the union. If that doesn't tell you something then nothing will.

Heard from a disgusted insider some of our own Flexjet management were joking and laughing about these furloughs and kicking the unions a$$ and how great it was there's another reason to be glad we're Flexjet not Options. That also should tell you something.

Management should be heartsick when furloughs are handed out. Furloughs are always essentially an indication of either poor management or a poor economy. Since we are the only company in the industry to furlough in an atmosphere of record profits, how much more evidence do you need?

Kenn Ricci would rather destroy his own company before he does the right thing. Even a dumb ass like RH should be able to see it. Instead of concern, they gloat? I'm not one to throw around these words lightly but how depraved and evil.

I actually think it's possible he purposefully did the donation and the furlough the same day just as an extra ******************** you to the union. Considering most furloughs happen on Fridays to avoid the news cycle and most donations on a Monday to take advantage of the same, seems Wednesday was a fair compromise to him to achieve the insult.

The $5 million was Tuesday and the furloughs were the next day. Maybe he'll make a donation to the Family Assistance Fund???

I'm not sure I'd agree he did this purely to break the union. If options is shutting down then it would make sense that they have to furlough. What is an attempt to break the union is not offering a VSP

jeez

I wonder if he at least had the decency to do this from his office.... at this point it wouldn't surprise me if he did it from Martha's Vineyard while playing golf

I'm not sure I'd agree he did this purely to break the union. If options is shutting down then it would make sense that they have to furlough. What is an attempt to break the union is not offering a VSP

Come on, you're smarter than believing that Waterview touted BS.

The shutting down of Options IS purely a move to break the union. There is no good reason to shut down Options based on what he claims are his overall business goals. The real problem for him is Options is covered by the CBA, a contract Ricci wants to get rid of. The man simply does not like having his hands tied and exhibits a sense of entitlement and control that should scare the living ******************** out of any pilot working for him.

Both sides are experiencing high demand and overtime is at an all time high. The industry is thriving. This furlough was purely political and is an attempt to further divide the house and break Options morale.

Don't be complicit in helping the company spread this union busting rhetoric and propaganda regarding the shutting down of Options.

But we were told in February '15 that options was getting shut down. Union or no union it was part of the plan to park airplanes right?

Actually, I thought the Feb '15 thing was about changing the name.

But we were told in February '15 that options was getting shut down. Union or no union it was part of the plan to park airplanes right?

Yes, right after the declaration of the organizing drive.

I used to not believe the conspiracy theories bandied about by the POC and union leadership but when I go back and read the predictive message, I'm shocked by how spot on it all has been.

The plan to wind down Options has always been primarily a union busting move. I'm starting to believe the storyline the purchase of Flexjet was really only about busting the union too. I think there's a lot we are waking up our eyes to on the Flexjet side. I used to have a disdain for the Flexjet union leadership but when I look back and see how spot on some of them have been, my attitude is changing. I still think we don't necessarily have some of the right people in the right places but my respect factor for most of them has increased 1000% in the past few weeks, especially what our side of the negotiating process has apparently been working on when I thought they were all sitting around with their thumbs in dark places. Kudos to those guys.

Latest resources

Back