• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, flying from a 10000 foot runway to another 10000 foot runway with an ILS, that's REAL challenging. Ask any of our ex-whale drivers (about a dozen) which type of flying challenged their pilot skills more.

I've been reading your posts only for the entertainment value. And while I'm not a union member (yet), nor a union cheerleader, your incessant ranting about a segment of the industry you clearly know very little about is seriously wearing me slick.

Where is that ignore button...???

I agree, what you are stating is true if you are only flying and looking at the small point to point picture. As a matter of fact, what you say is exactly true.

But my job isn't flying. International operations are far more challenging than domestic operations when you step outside of daily operations.

But I'm sure as a pilot you know all about that, right? But you know something, what I do for a living today isn't important.

What is important is the 1108 is proving what I wrote two years ago to be true.

There would be three years worth of turmoil (two years and counting), unions would not react well under pressure (economy is slipping) and it would get much worse before it was over. Flight Options is stagnated by the union, period.

If it stopped today (like THAT is going to happen!) it would have been two years of nonsense with little if anything gained.

Please consider:

B19 is not a pilot. Nor has served in any aviation function. He's a total fabrication.

Please do consider:

B19 is a disbarred attorney, or a one that could not pass the bar, or one that had gained a felony while in the process or couldn't complete the law school courses. He is very flexible, morally speaking, to write whatever continues to generate his income. He is amoral. He is outside the pilot culture, but receives tidbits of aviation lingo and history from the FlightOptions management. This what he does for a living. (I can almost smell the bourbon breath of this guy while I write this)

His writing style parallels the FLOPS Director of Operations, however only since the DOO started sending non-union stuff on the Blackberry. I really can't imagine the DOO having enough time to send 615 posts. Additionally, the DOO worked at Eastern Airlines before and after the strike, and he would know that the pilots went back to work, and the mechanics (IAM) closed the doors. And that's the only big union-management show-down that really shuttered a large 121 carrier. Of course the argument is always made by a failing management that labor strife is what caused their corporate unraveling. Old hands know legacy carrier pilot pay historically, before the era of chapter 13 corporate reorganizations that is, didn't have much of a range carrier to carrier.

By continuing to cross swords with B19, I think we're missing out on the real fun. And that would be getting to know more about our new friends at Ford and Harrison. So why don't we take some time finding out who works there. Who's been disbarred. Where they went to school. How's things gone at previous non-union drives. Who are the partners. Who are they trying to sell their services to. (Do they know about the great job F&H did at Netjets?) Certainly some of you must be married to attorneys or have a brother that is one. Seems like there'd be some good stuff out there.

Can I suggest that the current strategy involves tossing the current CEO out once the contract commences, with him holding a tiny little goldenish plated parachute. He's all yours Avantair. Then we welcome the healer, to bring us all together.

Let's get as smart as possible about this great sport. I just don't think we're having all the fun we could be having.

Folks, this internet blog stuff can be all about making up a fake identity. Only you and I know a couple identities of the real posters on this board. Does a single real sounding person on here know B19.

The thing that throws me is, B19 isn't finding any converts, why bother paying him anymore? (B19 thinks to himself-Oh crap!)

By the way, I'm actually a lonely high school girl who is a volleyball player, who was looking for someone to talk to while my parents are of of town. Please come into the kitchen while I load the dryer.

Then the low voice of an adult male, "B19, why don't you have a seat."

For the sport of it, I'll agree with all of the above....

But you need to study up on how many layoffs and furloughs have happened in the last 20 years due to unions dragging their feet. It runs into the tens of thousands based on legacy carriers alone.

And remember.....

I don't bash unions, but any lack of union support is the same as bashing them in your eyes.

But then again, in your eyes, the union is the only reason NJ is successful.

I never said it wasn't true. I am just saying that makes you unqualified to make correct or accurate statements about the industry. You haven't made one yet, now we know why.

I'm curious, are you still going to be posting after flops agrees on a contract, or are you going to disapper like Family Guy?

$100 says you disappear. Any takers?

But my job isn't flying. International operations are far more challenging than domestic operations when you step outside of daily operations.

We perform more international operations in a month than you have in your career (and I'm not just talking Canada, Mexico, and the Islands--India, China, Russia, Dubai, Israel, --we will go and have gone to just about every country the State Department allows).

Nothing you post here is going to affect the outcome at Options. I think they'll end up closing the doors someday--and not because of a union. It will be because poor management, lame marketing, a bad business plan, and disdain for its employees led to a union which complicates the company's survival. It's a chicken or the egg proposition: Options management is the chicken and they laid a very large egg.

*please censor this post as it comes from a non-union supporter*

We perform more international operations in a month than you have in your career (and I'm not just talking Canada, Mexico, and the Islands--India, China, Russia, Dubai, Israel, --we will go and have gone to just about every country the State Department allows).

Nothing you post here is going to affect the outcome at Options. I think they'll end up closing the doors someday--and not because of a union. It will be because poor management, lame marketing, a bad business plan, and disdain for its employees led to a union which complicates the company's survival. It's a chicken or the egg proposition: Options management is the chicken and they laid a very large egg.

Actually, nothing anyone posts here will affect the outcome at flight options. There have been threats made by many pro union posters here and yet the operation continues. These people are not making one bit of difference by posting complaints and anti-management rants. A message board in my eyes is entertainment and is no way to assemble "solidarity" among pilots. My posts, your posts, and everyone else's don't have any more value than one's opinion. Now some people like B19 and VOR and even some unionites have good points here, but no-one will admit it or give the required credit due to the inherent proud, selfish tendancies that all humans have. And, the narrow view of how the union thinks things should be prevents these people from thinking on thier own by exploiting these weak trates that all people have.

Fin.

Actually, nothing anyone posts here will affect the outcome at flight options. There have been threats made by many pro union posters here and yet the operation continues. These people are not making one bit of difference by posting complaints and anti-management rants. A message board in my eyes is entertainment and is no way to assemble "solidarity" among pilots. My posts, your posts, and everyone else's don't have any more value than one's opinion. Now some people like B19 and VOR and even some unionites have good points here, but no-one will admit it or give the required credit due to the inherent proud, selfish tendancies that all humans have. And, the narrow view of how the union thinks things should be prevents these people from thinking on thier own by exploiting these weak trates that all people have.

Fin.

Wrong again. Or, perhaps to put it more accurately, only partially right. You're right, I think most postings here on FI won't have any effect one way or another. It's just one of the many reasons I don't bother with B19 anymore. Who cares? He obviously is just stirring the pot for fun.

However, I can tell you with great authority that our union message board at NJA made a GREAT difference in keeping people informed and affecting the outcome of our negotiations. Consider how spread out our pilot force is (and FLOPS too!). Can you think of a more effective way to communicate with hundreds, if not thousands, of pilots all spread out over the country? Would calling them individually every few days with updates be feasible? What about snail mail? In today's electronic age, the message board has proven to be an invaluable resource in keeping the pilot force informed. I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but I believe the folks that operate our message board say that over 80% of our pilot force visits the board regularly.

FI is in fact entertainment. But that generality doesn't hold up well when compared with the reality of what a true business message board does today.

Latest resources

Back