Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
for the man who often claims, "I never said that..."

from http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=111520

I've responded to his questions, from an experience perspective of two decades from commuters to regionals to legacy to fractionals and to the great company where I am now (that wasn't my original choice, but unions forced that). What to you bring to the table? What do you care about the industry or the rest of those around you?

What I asked myself after the second layoff was, what’s best for me and my family if I wanted to continue in aviation? I prioritized my searches on non-union and "lightly" unionized airlines because the common denominator in both layoffs was union actions. Some of the carriers operated great equipment but weren’t very well known. Maybe I got lucky, but the first part of my career was the traditional path through a commuter to a regional and on to a major. I consulted through one layoff and again after the second layoff before winding up where I am now. That is where my fractional experience was gained, and I do have a ton of respect for the business model.

It happens ALL THE TIME. I never saw it happen until I worked for a fractional. It never ceased to amaze me how many pilots would take advantage of the fact that their home base just happened to be where the maintainance was.

The same guy who blames maintenance techs for pencil-whipping work and accuses pilots of grounding a/c where their car is. Management would NEVER condone these things, it's just rogue behavior.

What a joke.

Last edited:
Fisch, don't forget that the fudspinner began posting here with a claim (obviously false of course) that he wasn't here to bash unions....yeah, right...:rolleyes: It didn't take long for him to drop that particular pretense.

He's all yours Avantair.
Where the hell did that come from? Keep your own problems, or blow them up or burn them. Don't insult other people with your issues. Avantair is doing very well on its own, thanks very much.

Regards, Wacoflyr

I've stated the I like the frac model but find large airplane 121 international operations more challenging,

Yeah, flying from a 10000 foot runway to another 10000 foot runway with an ILS, that's REAL challenging. Ask any of our ex-whale drivers (about a dozen) which type of flying challenged their pilot skills more.

I've been reading your posts only for the entertainment value. And while I'm not a union member (yet), nor a union cheerleader, your incessant ranting about a segment of the industry you clearly know very little about is seriously wearing me slick.

Where is that ignore button...???

Where the hell did that come from? Keep your own problems, or blow them up or burn them. Don't insult other people with your issues. Avantair is doing very well on its own, thanks very much.

Regards, Wacoflyr

Rumor has it FLOPS CEO interviewed for a position over there. Just a rumor. If its true, I wish you Good Luck!

Like NJW, you only read what you want to read and ignore what you want to.

But, to clarify for the hundreth time, I've repeatedly stated I've worked at all levels, from commuter to legacy and I've never said fracs were below me. I've stated the I like the frac model but find large airplane 121 international operations more challenging, and they pay better, a lot better.

Never have I worked directly for a frac, but consulting between jobs (caused by union layoffs) gave me serious experience before, duing and after the 91K rulemaking that pilots on this board will never have.

I've also stated repeatedly why I post here. It's the newest segment of aviation, I believe that unions are going to destroy the model, and there are a bunch of uneducated pilots and one non-pilot here that could stand to have a different point of view to offset their rhetoric.

Personally, the best thing that could happen to the industry would be to have Flight Options shut the doors because of the union pressure. There wouldn't be another frac pilot group that would touch 1108, and the industry might have a fighting chance.

The only ones that are digging themselves into a deeper hole, are those that voted in 1108 to represent them at Flight Options. 1108 ain't getting it done and are all going to be on the bottom of the seniority list someplace else before it's all over. I'm sure there is a King Air charter operator out there willing to let you fly.

this board is for fractional pilots....please stop spamming. go elsewhere.

Fisch, don't forget that the fudspinner began posting here with a claim (obviously false of course) that he wasn't here to bash unions....yeah, right...:rolleyes: It didn't take long for him to drop that particular pretense.

I don't bash unions, but any lack of union support is the same as bashing them in your eyes.

But then again, in your eyes, the union is the only reason NJ is successful.

Latest resources

Back