• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our CEO specifically said that the union will not allow the options pilots to join the message board. Said they do not want direct communication between management and pilots.

but seriously, look into on your side. If you can get on yammer with us that would be cool

It look like your CEO is not fully informed or is giving bad info again.

We were just informed the union requested that the FO pilots be given access to Yammer but were turned down by management.

I guess they don't want the Flex pilots to hear what the FO pilots have to say.

It makes you wonder why?

Hey BTwa19fo

You have your answer to why FO pilots can't get on yammer. Our management won't let us. Not once did the Union ever say no to yammer. Just think about the ridiculous statements made by yourself and Management. Both of you said the Union opposed the pilots of FO joining in on the conversations on yammer....The Union won't let us you said...The Union won't let us communicate directly with the FO pilots you said. Please...can you management types come up with something eles than this babbling Bob bs...When has KR EVER asked the union for permission to do anything? Once that I can recall...The CA debacle that was a union busting play from the get go. The same type of play as yammer. Flops management has been directly communicating with the pilots for years. They told the pilots directly about every contract extension via the BB...The CS deal via the BB....The Flex deal via the BB.... the recently cancelled weekly announcement. Just to name a few. Only recently did they claim they needed the Unions permission to complete a business deal or communicate directly with the pilots. Both times they have been proven to be liars.

Why can't I and others be allowed to voice our questions on yammer? If the Union is never getting voted in as you say it won't. What are you and your office buddies so scared of?

What say you?

Last edited:
It look like your CEO is not fully informed or is giving bad info again.

We were just informed the union requested that the FO pilots be given access to Yammer but were turned down by management.

I guess they don't want the Flex pilots to hear what the FO pilots have to say.

It makes you wonder why?

To my Flex brethren - have you familiarized yourself with the "Three Fundamental Principles"? No? Let me help you by listing them here:

1. Fanatical Attention to Detail
2. Long-Term approach to relationships
3. Employees are the foundation of a service company

These three fundamental principles have long been the pillars on which Kenn Ricci professes to have built his companies, dating back to pre-Flight Options. He holds all employees accountable to these, and considers them to be so so important they're listed on the back of our badges so that we have them close to our hearts as a reminder.

Ask yourself: Do you see these three fundamental principals being upheld consistently from management?

The information Jetwash provides is verified and is illustrative that #'s 2 and 3 on the list of Fundamental Principles are, at the very least, "malleable" to management. Prohibiting the pilots from participating on Yammer seems to me short-term and dismissive of a whole employee group. But that's only because the union stands between the pilots and management, right?

Think again.

I would say any deviation in your work rules and benefit adjustments beyond what you were promised pre-acquisition would encompass a dismissal of all three.

Read Kenn's book. Observe. Decide for yourself if what you see is the same as what he (or by extension, his managers) professes when it comes to upholding his Management by Trust and the Three Fundamental Principles.

April 18, 2014

Fellow Pilots,

Last week we received several inquires from pilots who wanted to know why every employee group at Flight Options and Flexjet, with the exception of the Flight Options pilots, had been granted access to the Company?s new web-based chat room, Yammer. Many of you also informed us you were told by Flexjet pilots you met on the road, who do have access to the Yammer message board, that management had informed them that the Union was responsible for preventing the Flight Options pilots from having access to Yammer.
Since this is of course untrue, I decided to contact members of senior management in an attempt to clear up any confusion that might have existed and to expressly request that access to Yammer be granted to the Flight Options pilots. After all, and I think all of you would agree, open communication and unity among all OneSky pilots both at Flight Options and Flexjet will be critical to avoiding misunderstandings between the two pilot groups going forward. I think this is especially important since we are currently in discussions with management about the future integration of both operations.
Regrettably, the request to give Flight Options pilots access to Yammer was denied, which is disappointing since I think Yammer is a forum well suited for dialogue between Flight Options pilots and Flexjet pilots. I suspect that management is interested in maintaining the current captive audience status of the Flexjet pilots on Yammer. They know the impending merger has raised a lot of questions and created a lot of anxiety in both groups. However in the case of the Flexjet pilots, who they know will be faced with a critical decision concerning Union representation in the not to distant future, they in essence have created an on-line information vacuum they can fill with their ideas to the exclusion of the views of fellow pilots at Flight Options. This begs the question, what exactly does management believe it has to say to Flexjet pilots that it cannot also say to Flight Options pilots in light of the stated intention to merge the two operations?
As you may recall from Kenn Ricci?s February 11, 2014 presentation to Flexjet and Flight Options employees, one of the PowerPoint slides stated, ?Exchange of information will help us all,? and then the very next slide went on state that Yammer would be implemented at Flight Options. Now, it is apparently more important to segregate what information is given to Flexjet pilots from what is given to Flight Options pilots than to foster unity between the two pilot groups. This is not the manner in which responsible companies ?build a culture of trust,? which was also a theme in Kenn?s presentation.
I expect that each of you will draw your own conclusions about management?s motivation in denying the request.

Fraternally,

What's idiotic is ricci and his goons have the mentality for real that Robert Deniro acted like he had in that movie. Couldn't get a better comparison. Nice posting of a link.

Putting way too much emphasis on yammer. The big discussion now is forming a new committee to help with creating new uniforms.

Latest resources

Back