• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet and a slow death.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's my issue with flops? Are you telling me you don't have any issues with "nuttjets"? I bet you have several, most corporate pilots do

I also used the word "staple", but if you take another look I didn't start that, i was quoting someone else

What's my issue with flops? Are you telling me you don't have any issues with "nuttjets"? I bet you have several, most corporate pilots do

I also used the word "staple", but if you take another look I didn't start that, i was quoting someone else

Actually, I don't have any issues with NJ. I think it would be a great place to work. First and foremost, for me, they have a Union, also, industry leading contract, the strength of Berkshire backing them up...

So answer my question, what's your issue with, ahem, Flight Options?

It appears Flex has to be either sold or dissolved. They (Bombardier) can't be in competition with NetJets, part of the deal with all the new airplanes NetJets just bought.

There it is. Right there. Same can be said of CA. Although I think it's more accurate to say they just can't do frac/jet card. Nothing stoping either of these companies from competing in the charter market. But frac/jet card is much more profitable.

Understanding this is key to understanding how the Frac industry is evolving right now. Can't even scapegoat the union at Flex.

Last edited:
Looks like the Fractional Ownership model is under pressure due to shifting customer preferences. Much like the Blockbuster Video Rental Chain, great in its day but over come by shifting markets forces and customer preferences.

Actually, I don't have any issues with NJ. I think it would be a great place to work. First and foremost, for me, they have a Union, also, industry leading contract, the strength of Berkshire backing them up...

So answer my question, what's your issue with, ahem, Flight Options?

No no big issues. I've heard is not a good place to work, pay is low, guys getting furloughed base on aircraft not seniority, the company not matching the 401K.

I've flown with a few guys that came from there, they tell me the stories. Not impressed with the place. Ofcourse is all hearsay, I don't have firm evidence to back that up if that's what your asking

Also the 3 people that I've flown with that came from flops are all senior to me, meaning they've been here at NJA at least 10 years. My information is old, but sounds like is accurate?

Last edited:
I would say ancient info and not very accurate. Options has a Union contract and things are looking up.

No no big issues. I've heard is not a good place to work, pay is low, guys getting furloughed base on aircraft not seniority, the company not matching the 401K.

I've flown with a few guys that came from there, they tell me the stories. Not impressed with the place. Ofcourse is all hearsay, I don't have firm evidence to back that up if that's what your asking

Also the 3 people that I've flown with that came from flops are all senior to me, meaning they've been here at NJA at least 10 years. My information is old, but sounds like is accurate?

Yea there's no doubt we had a knock down, drag out fight with with management at Flight Options 2006-2010. Probably worse than the one you guys had prior to 05. All I can say is, what a difference life is with a CBA. Night and day different.

Talk to current pilots.

It appears Flex has to be either sold or dissolved. They (Bombardier) can't be in competition with NetJets, part of the deal with all the new airplanes NetJets just bought. So it seems they will just sell the airplanes to a different entity and hopefully offer Flex pilots and FA's jobs. Maybe?!!?!? Sucks as Flex was a awesome place to work.

Does anyone really believe this or is this a great way to extend another useless FI thread?

Cba

I have to agree with Praetorian, having a CBA makes all the difference in the world. Non union pilots don't have a clue.

The difference is simple, "at will" employees verses those protected by making the company prove "just cause." The union will provide a defence for a charge against a pilot until the company can prove just cause in disciplining a pilot up to termination. An "at will" employee has NO protection from management, period.

Wake up you company coolaid drinkers. You have absolutely no protection without a union. If you think the company cares about you, I have a bridge for sale at a good price. Favors and good deeds last up to the moment they are completed and forgotten immediatley. Screw up once and it is NEVER forgotten. DUH!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back