Fired for Playboy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Moody last I heard.

She should have gotten a DUI, they don't kick you out for that.

It is amazing that we won WWII, given that those old imoral whore-mongers would have had this girl's pictures painted on the noses of their airplanes.

Thank goodness we got rid of that horrid old WWII and Viet Nam generations, and replaced them with these holy rollers who are running todays morally pure Air Force.

She should have gotten a DUI, they don't kick you out for that.

It is amazing that we won WWII, given that those old imoral whore-mongers would have had this girl's pictures painted on the noses of their airplanes.

Thank goodness we got rid of that horrid old WWII and Viet Nam generations, and replaced them with these holy rollers who are running todays morally pure Air Force.

Robin Olds has some pretty strong opinions on the matter too, one of my friends got to drive him around and hang out with him some, before he was guest speaker at an AFB. When Olds spoke, he lit into USAF leadership for being a bigger threat to a pilots career than the enemy

"It is amazing that we won WWII, given that those old imoral whore-mongers would have had this girl's pictures painted on the noses of their airplanes."

Yeah!

And:

1. No negroes in your squadron! (or "Japs" either!)
2. More losses to accidents than enemy fire!
3. Everybody smoked two packs of Lucky's a day because they were "good for you"!
4. Democrats ran the war!
5. There WAS no "Air Force" (as soon as they created one...we stopped winning wars!)

The Good Ol' Days!

Solution: Bring back nose art and abolish the Air Force!

"It is amazing that we won WWII, given that those old imoral whore-mongers would have had this girl's pictures painted on the noses of their airplanes."

Yeah!

And:

1. No negroes in your squadron! (or "Japs" either!)
3. Everybody smoked two packs of Lucky's a day because they were "good for you"!
5. There WAS no "Air Force" (as soon as they created one...we stopped winning wars!)

The Good Ol' Days!

I see the need for a drug test in your future.

I see the need for a drug test in your future.

Really?

Which one(s) did I get wrong?

I've got the nose art from my Dad's B-26 ("Night Dream") reproduced on my wall. I've also spent considerable time discussing the "good ol' days" with him. If I've misstated any of those observations, lemme know!

1. No negroes (Negroes is capitalized as it is proper) in your squadron! (or "Japs" either!)
  • But they had their own which never lost a bomber to enemy fire.
  • In the past decade, how many airman were lost due to enemy fire compared to training? Not much has changed has it?
  • You're right about that one. But the idiots who smoke today know better yet continue too.
  • Not too bad a job but then again, FDR was not well liked. (Sound familiar)
  • Pretty much like the Navy and the Marines. Separate yet the same.....
The Good Ol' Days!

• Agreed and live in the now. You must be Navy or Marine? I guess you guys would pick up the slack. I think ERAU has more airplanes in its fleet..even after the storm.

Oh he is just jealous there is a Dept of the Air Force, but no Dept of the Marine Corps.

And there definitely was an Air Force then, United States Army Air Forces, divided up into numerical Air Forces.

Havent won a war since WWII?

Correct! Since the National Security Act of 1947 created the USAF, The United States has not won a war.

Coincidence? Mebbe...

RE: "Oh he is just jealous there is a Dept of the Air Force, but no Dept of the Marine Corps."

Also correct! The Marine Corps is just a department of the Navy....the men's* department!

I love nostalgia. But I try to remember that the good ol' days also included some stuff that was the opposite of "good".

* even the women!

Latest resources

Back