Feeling Bluuuuuue!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks to everyone . . .

I really appreciate all the encouragment, from both 'Blue folks and others.

You know, back in August of '02, the day USAirways filed BK, I saw the writing on the wall and put my application in with jetBlue. Over the next few months, I poured over information and sought various sources to educate me in my quest to remain in aviation. I "stumbled" upon flightinfo.com in January of this year, and boy, am I glad I did. It became a valuable source of knowledge for "what's going on" in our decemated industry, and particularily helped confirm my jetBlue aspirations (thanks, guys/gals). I reference many posts, sought counsel with several members, and even forged lasting friendships from people I've exchanged emails with, some virtual, and most very real (got a job offer from one, spent hours on the phone with others, and even received a blue balloon arrangement and champagne from one outstanding flightinfo "poster" on the day I was hired by jetBlue. Now how cool is THAT?)

Bottom line: I want to thank everyone on this webboard for all the information, discussion, and sometimes entertaining "banter" that has sustained me during my furlough and job search. I learned more from this webboard than I did from the AirInc. seminar, and it didn't cost me a dime. Please keep posting, please get involved, and please keep informed. I'm convinced it's what helped me land my 'dream" job, even after 23 years in this business.

I wish the best for each of you and your families.

DL

DL:

I hate being jealous but, I am!!!!! Congrats on JB. I just hope that some day soon I get a bouqet of blue ballons!!!

Best of luck!

Dave,

Congratulations again. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I just got back from New York yesterday. Just one word sums up my impressions...wow. I don't know, maybe they pump something through the air vents, but I walked away from that process even more impressed. I actually had a 15 minute personal, one-on-one conversation over cookies and coffee with Dave Barger, President and COO . The corporate culture they've forged is going to propel them into the future...count on it. Their core strength is definately their people. It's nice to see that they picked up another good one.

You've just cashed in a winning lottery ticket. Hopefully I will too!

Latest resources

Back