• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Congrats

jetblue320 said:
DL,

As I said in our PM's, congradulations. Good things come to those who wait. At least, that's what my Mom used to tell me.

As far as the JBLU stock, wow, and no one that I know can figure it out. The rise has been almost $4 this week alone and our August figures were just published today. Go figure? FYI, our August loads were a record high (for us anyway if not the industry) at 91.6%. Hopefully we'll get the split we need before your class date to make your strike price within reason. We'll see, then we'll know. I guess it really doesn't matter anyhow because if your strike price is high ($54) then it too will split. Nevermind.

Anyway, way to go and see you soon!

JB320

I have heard some rumors that the split will not happen till our September and October classes get their options. True, they will have a sky high strike price, but, they will gave 9000 (assuming 3/2 split) within a month or so of being hired. Give and take....

All good problems to have to deal with if you really stop and look at it....

Congrats!!!!!

Congratulations DL,
I guess that dispells the recent rumor that Blue doesn't hire anyone with more than 10000 hrs.

Wow, it's like eveyone in here is part of the jetBlue family... I'm getting a little jealous.

That's Awesome news. Best of luck in your new career!!!

dlredline. What was the time line from your interview date until class date? Thanks for your response. First post for me (I'm so excited).

Cpt. Over :)

Cpt. Over said:
dlredline. What was the time line from your interview date until class date? Thanks for your response. First post for me (I'm so excited).

Cpt. Over :)

Over (under),

First off, welcome! And nice job with that first post, smiley faces and all.

I first applied to jetBlue in August of 2002. I got my notice for Phase 1 in mid-May of this year for the June 25th interview, and Phase 2 notification came 5 days later. Dean called me to offer me the Sept. 22 class on Sept. 3rd, so it was an incredibly emotional 9 1/2 weeks from interview to notification, and now I have an exciting 2 weeks before class. By the way, some in my interview got their class notifications 2-3 weeks earlier. Just depends on when the background checks get done.

Hope that answers your question.

Good luck!

DL

Last edited:
Congrats DL,

I remember how excited you were when you got the notification for the interview! It couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Finally some good news in a period of general stagnation. I'm heading for my interview on Wednesday and God willing I hope to see you around Miami one day. I'm Blue with jealousy!

Way to go,

Counselair:D

Congrats !!!!!!

Congratulations !

Looking forward to seeing you up at JFK ..... "flying the line".

B-B-D

Latest resources

Back