• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FEDEX treatment of feeder guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haze you sure went above and beyond with your replies. I'm hoping to end up at FedEx one day and hope to get a chance to fly with people like you. A lot of individuals do have that prima donna attitude but that's at every level. I remember a conversation I was overhearing between a woman and one of our big headed Captains. This guy was foaming out the mouth about going to the majors blah blah blah. When the woman asked "why don't you try UPS?" He replied with "Well I was talking about the major airlines." Best part of the story was when she said he had no idea what he was talking about. Asked his name, and it turns out this woman is a 767 CA for UPS in MIA jumpseating from MEM plainclothes. I'm sure his resume will go straight to the shredder.

Rook
Looks like a high overcast.
Better ask for Type IV.

I fly a fedex feeder(G1) out of Miami and have probably met Purple Haze, just don't know who he is. Most of the Fedex guys there in Mia have been very nice. There are a few though who will see us in there on the computers and make rude comments, even when we offer our seat to them.

Rattler71

C'mon feeder group. the vast majority of guys are great people (whether mil or civ............mudflap......your comment about military is just uninformed) Everyone is often tired and may not say much, but no one is looking down on you. why would we? we are all just doing our jobs and look forward to our time off. There's no offense intended and to think differently may show a little chip on your shoulder.

mudflap said:
if the military was so good why did they leave.

Thanks, that one cracked me up.

It's funny. A Captain I was flying with just the other day and I were talking about this. We were in MIA and we were treated like the pariahs. Maybe there have been a few mainline guys come through there and be rude and now everyone is paying the price. The several times I've been there (MIA) it's just grunts and if I'm lucky, a one word answer to a question. I try to be friendly but I guess it's to late. A couple of months ago, the captain and I were sitting there eating our delicious company bought catering, and we offered up our spare meal to the one guy that was there and he barely mumbled "thanks" and didn't talk to us anymore. It was the same way in OAK. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Can't we all just get along?

Did you hear that out in KLAX a Fedex MD-11 ended up on it's tail trapping the crew?

Turns out the left-hand cockpit window was open and the Captain accidentally dropped his wallet out of it!

VaB said:
Thanks, that one cracked me up.

It's funny. A Captain I was flying with just the other day and I were talking about this. We were in MIA and we were treated like the pariahs. Maybe there have been a few mainline guys come through there and be rude and now everyone is paying the price. The several times I've been there (MIA) it's just grunts and if I'm lucky, a one word answer to a question. I try to be friendly but I guess it's to late. A couple of months ago, the captain and I were sitting there eating our delicious company bought catering, and we offered up our spare meal to the one guy that was there and he barely mumbled "thanks" and didn't talk to us anymore. It was the same way in OAK. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Can't we all just get along?

Get along? You guys keep making fun of my polyester brown suit.:D

Seriously, I have yet to meet a FedEx guy on the road that I didn't like. You guys are great and it's always a pleaure chatting or breaking bread with you guys.

To the feeder guys,

Keep up the good work. A lot of us paid our dues in the 135 arena, either scheduled or non-sked, and we remember what got us here. Unfortunately when you see us, the majority of the time we're tired and just want to get through the sort. Don't take it personally if we seem a little gruff. There are a few (at every airline) that might take a little pleasure in looking down at you. Remember, they are the minority around here, and the majority of us recognize that you fly airplanes just like we do, except you work harder for less pay. For that, we respect and admire your perseverence.

Thanx to all for the info. We know all about being tired, believe me. Hand flying an F27 for seven hours in the middle of the night is enough to wear anyone out! I'm sure there are some great folks working at FEDEX, sadly the ones that stick out in my mind include the capt. who told me not to use the sleep rooms in AFW because they were for FEDEX pilots only. Or the "gentleman" who rudely told me not to get get too comfortable on a new run because it would soon be coming back to the trunk crews where it belonged. Or the "lady" captain who kicked my f/o out of the OAK sleep rooms because he was "just a feeder guy". Or the B727 f/o who sarcastically said the guys in "little airplanes" sure do a good job! My favorite was the Airbus f/o who I mistook for a pilot I knew years ago at Ameriflight. When I asked if he used to work for AMF he replied, "@#%!* no! I'm Airforce!"

To quote Dennis Miller, "I didn't want to get off on a rant here, but..."
To be fair I have met some great people on the FEDEX ramps. The guys who ride our jumpseats regularly seem to be nice fellows. It's interesting, when I worked for AMF I never ran into this problem with UPS or ABX. Anyhoo, to the truely professional and courteous pilots at FEDEX I thank you. You are the guys who make us feeder guys want to work at FEDEX. And to the crew who, on the OAK ramp freq. told the ramp office to make the feeder order its own fuel....you can just catch on fire!

Cheers

A**holes are everywhere, 10% NOTAM unfortunately still in effect.....

Be thankful you're not one of those a**holes, they're probably on their 3rd (working on their future 4th) wife and is a non member piece of trash.......

Group hug if I offended anyone.........

Last edited:
Why is it the feeder guys are always treated like SH%T. I fly for American, you know the airline that feeds Eagle, we are always treated like SH&T by those guys.

AA ;)

I fly a feeder out of SLC and we have a few nice guys that fly into there. But, after being there for a few years I quit trying to be nice to 'em first. If they are nice to me FIRST I will gladly talk to them but if not then I don't help them with passwords on the puter or holding the door for 'em or anything. (I find it amusing when they are at the door just holding the door buzzer for 2 minutes trying to get in from the blowing snow)Back when they had to get their baggage screened this one Captain tried to make us all leave the room. I guess he didn't want everyone to see his blowup doll or something. I don't put up with their crap anymore. Like I said THEY have to be nice to me first or I don't even talk to 'em at all.

Latest resources

Back