• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx New-hire training, the pool, and the MOAB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for good MD offsite training locales, the latest I've heard are Zurich (SwissAir sims) and Frankfurt (Lufthansa Cargo sim).

PurpleTail said:
No, it isn't that bad. BUT when you are a new hire that just landed your dream job you study and stress your ass off not to fcuk up. Plus, you are away from home for a couple of months and that can make things tough as well. Nobody wants to live in MEM, living there is always 'just temporary' to make life easier.;)

Stress you ass off?! That bad, huh? You must be a blast to fly with. :erm:
I don't live in MEM and a couple of months away from home usually relaxes me (and my wife). You have to be a complete idiot to screw up enough to get fired - since I'm only a half an idiot, I didn't stress - hardly ever do.
Sounds like you were doing enough for both of us. :D

BunsenHoneydew said:
Heard from someone in the training dept and confirmed by some in the hiring dept and the bus driver thought it sounded good too is that dates will start to be given out at the end of March regardless (or irregardless if you like) of the MOAB. FWIW.

BH

P. S. How about that for a one sentence post?
Not bad. Irregardless is only correct english if you say while you have your finger in your nose!

FJ

Yeah, I know its in the dictionary because so many people said it that way that Webster just gave up I think. Here is what Webster's online dictionary has to say about it:

irregardless

One entry found for irregardless.
Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less http://javascript<b></b>:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?irrega01.wav=irregardless')http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif
Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s
Function: adverb
Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
nonstandard : [SIZE=-1]REGARDLESS[/SIZE]
usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

The emphasis added is mine.

If you did get off site training for the Mad Dog, does the company then pay for lodging? I would guess a crash pad in Germany is not cheap!

PurpleChimp said:
Anyone in the know about when they expect to begin new-hire training for the year? Originally, it was supposed to begin in April but that was predicated on the MOAB being sorted out. Since the MOAB has been put on hold indefinitely, is that also true of new-hire classes?

And, no, to all those who swam in the last FedEx pool years ago, I AM NOT WHINING!

Please define "MOAB". I'm sure it is obvious but I am running on decaf at the moment. :)

Yes, if you go offsite for training you get a hotel room, rental car and per diem.

MOAB = Mother of all Bids

FJ

MOAB, tic, tic, tic...

Well, we have been hearing lots of rumors about when and if this thing is coming out, so here is another:My instructor in Airbus class said Jack briefed the instructors at a meeting last week and announced the MOAB will be coming out next week.I'll belived it when the MOAB is painted purple and sitting on the ramp.Goose17

Moab

Captain I flew with this morning talked to a buddy of his in standards and he said it would be released tuesday. FWIW...

Any more rumor to the rumor that the MOAB will be released tomorrow?

Latest resources

Back