Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PurpleChimp

FedEx Poolie
Anyone in the know about when they expect to begin new-hire training for the year? Originally, it was supposed to begin in April but that was predicated on the MOAB being sorted out. Since the MOAB has been put on hold indefinitely, is that also true of new-hire classes?

And, no, to all those who swam in the last FedEx pool years ago, I AM NOT WHINING!

My 2 cents, I don't think that they can wait too long (past April) because the lack of growth will ultimately hurt the company (even for a short time), although anything is possible. It's obvious that the company is in a position to grow, wants to grow, needs to grow, is interviewing to grow, and created a pool to grow. The only option is to wait it out. MOAB or not, growth is going to occur sooner rather than later. The class date will come when the phone rings, period.

Comparing this pool to the 22 month pool is apples and oranges...different time in the industry.

Patience my good man....patience.

When KD does finally call for a class date, does she already have your aircraft assignment or is there an equipment choice possibility in the process somewhere?

PurpleChimp said:
When KD does finally call for a class date, does she already have your aircraft assignment or is there an equipment choice possibility in the process somewhere?

KD has nothing to do with aircraft assignment. My guess, if not enough people upgrade and the company hires to the right seat, is that there will be a widebody class (MD and Airbus) and then a narrowbody class. Or they might run just a MD class, Airbus class and Boeing class.

When you show up for class your seniority will be assigned by the last 4 digits of your SS#, highest to lowest. ie. 9825 (good) 1134 (bad). IF it is a mixed class of widebody FO seats, AS AN EXAMPLE, say there's 10 MD slots and 16 Airbus slots...the instructor will start with the person with the highest seniority an give them the option of which a/c they want. If all the MD slots go first then the guys at the end of the line might not have a choice and be assigned the Airbus.

When I was hired back in '01 during the postal contract boom FDX was running 24 a class, 8 slots for the back of the -10 and 16 for the back of the 27. I was number 11 out of 24, the first 8 all choose the -10. In hindsight it worked out for the better because I gained a whole lot more seniority a lot quicker in the 27.

I know your itching to start class but take this time, the next month or two, to spend some quality time with your family/friends. Once class starts you don't exist for at least two months, all you do is study, study and stress.

Last edited:
Darn.... I was hoping for one of those

"This one time....on the crew bus...I was talking...to this guy...who knows...

and it was really cool..."

TSD

Fox-Tree said:
:rolleyes: It's not that bad - good grief.

No, it isn't that bad. BUT when you are a new hire that just landed your dream job you study and stress your ass off not to fcuk up. Plus, you are away from home for a couple of months and that can make things tough as well. Nobody wants to live in MEM, living there is always 'just temporary' to make life easier.;)

yes it is that bad. Especially if you don't live in MEM and your family is at home. No time off for months. Plus you get to pay for your housing. So spend time with your family and start saving.

Latest resources

Back