Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C

CaptainMark

JL just emailed us the postponement of the bid to maybe sometime later this year...before or after the contract gets settled...that is the latest..no joke..mark

While Mark is not joking that this is verbatim what the e-mail said...there was wording in the e-mail to suggest that JL was jerking us around a little.

He alluded to how many captains had bid S/O on their standing bids, after he asked for our cooperation in helping the company determine where everybody wanted to be in the long run. Knowing his sense of humor, I would not be surprised to see the bid just be a little delayed, or even come out tomorrow. My gut feel was that he was messing with us, just as we messed with them regarding the standing bids.

Only time will tell.

NFG

It definately was strange..but i agree..probably only a postponement..we will see..he writes some strange stuff

I actually like Jack's emails, they are usually pretty entertaining and offer some info. I read the one tonight and got a little pissy at first, but after rereading it-he basically said that the bid would be coming out sometime between now and never. I think he is just yanking our chain because guys yanked theirs with the standing bids. (where's the love, man??) This company is growing like wildfire and I can't see that continuing without the bid. My guess is it is coming this week.

I'd like to be the first...

So how does this affect the poolies?

TSD

I'm pretty sure Jack is just sick of getting asked when the bid is coming out. He obviously doesn't release the thing, so I'm sure he doesn't know. Meanwhile, he probably can't get within 20 miles of the AOC without someone giving him the ol' wink wink nudge nudge and asking for the inside scoop on when the bid will be posted. His new answer for the record...."I don't know". But obviously there will need to be a bid soon, so I guess its arrival will just have to be a surprise. What else is new.

Yanking our chains is an understatement. JL's e-mails are pure entertainment. I get a chuckle every time I read them. The bid will be out soon enough........dont get your panties in a wad.

Hey, at least he's not throwing rocks at us huh?! Is that collection still in AOC??

fartknocker said:
Yes, inquiring minds want to know. :nuts:

I don't think this changes a thing. I agree with Rock that JL is tired of getting asked about this bid. In addition, I bet he's getting a mouthful from the heavies about the 'playfulness' of the crewforce with regards to the standing bid game. The result is a hearty chain pulling from Jack.

They're probably watching this thread, laughing their asses off at the consternation.

"Remain calm, all is well...ALL IS WELL!!!," Kevin Bacon, I think.

Last edited:
Poolies will be carrying coffee jugs soon enough...or preflighting in a big parka in ANC..hang in there...

Latest resources

Back