• Watchers 8

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaptainMark said:
Poolies will be carrying coffee jugs soon enough...or preflighting in a big parka in ANC..hang in there...

Probably not much worse than preflighting the Boeing in Grand Forks or Sioux Falls in the winter, and the pay is better.

FJ

actually pays the same:)
...at least for the first year...

A delay in a preannounced large bid for vacancies makes perfect sense in a negotiation sense. While many pilots might be hoping to take bids for larger paychecks or quality of life the delay while awaiting contract talks gives the company the upper hand in putting pressure on ALPA. Now you have large groups of pilots that were anticipating a "good" thing and now it is delayed due to negotiations. I would suspect that the company will present a public contract to the pilots outside of the alpa negotiations to put further pressure on the alpa leaders.

All of this is speculation and I could be wrong but if they are doing this it could become a struggle to maintain ALPA on the property.

How often does FDX have a bid run for seat vacancies?
At AA there is one every month, even though lately not all awards have
been upward movement.
There are pilots who have gone through school and IOE on new
equipment, knowing that they would be back in their old bid
status within weeks!

Mark, why you gotta scare a guy like that ??!! All these guys just waiting to get on, they don't care if they're preflighting in ANC or Reyjkavik or Saskatoon,,, :)

Got in touch with Greg, thanks for touching base with him. They got my sim straightened out (last minute of course) and I will be in MEM tomorrow night and Saturday night after my sim. If you're going to be in town, give me a shout, I'll buy you a beer or three.

Later,

Latest resources

Back