• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx and referrals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a meeting with one of the ACPs and he said that additional recs (I only have one who is also my sponsor) were "not necessary". Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a call yet. Hopefully I am somewhere in line....I hope.

Apparently every ACP has their own perferences. Example: My ACP said 3-6 recommendations were ideal.

All I can say is don't go overboard with 10 -15 rec's or min run it either with one or two (that's if you know several good friend's in Memfo - get them to write you a shining recommendation).

That way, you'll never second guess yourself about "why I never got a call", and "maybe I should have asked more than one or two guys to write me a reommendation".

Now is not the time to min run anything........

Back to my bottle of German Gluhwein...........PROST!

Last edited:
sandman2122 said:
Apparently every ACP has their own perferences. Example: My ACP said 3-6 recommendations were ideal.

All I can say is don't go overboard with 10 -15 rec's or min run it either with one or two (that's if you know several good friend's in Memfo - get them to write you a shining recommendation).

That way, you'll never second guess yourself about "why I never got a call", and "maybe I should have asked more than one or two guys to write me a reommendation".

Now is not the time to min run anything........

Back to my bottle of German Gluhwein...........PROST!

I don't know anyone else :(

HoursHore said:
Told at the interview that the Sponsor walk in is a must. No need for a face to face, although the furloughed guys I interviewed with did go in for a face to face. Although I do know of a furloghed guy with an upcoming interview who did not. All of the furlo's were big three, not US Air.

Hourshore,

Were any of the furloughed guys that interviewed with you currently flying with someone else?

Ualexpress

As of 2 weeks ago when I did the meet-n-greet with the ACP in MEM, he said that ALL interview selectees had to go through the "pre-interview interview" with an ACP and ALL had to have a sponsor. Afterwards, there is an ACP/CP board that meets once every few weeks to discuss what they have, and make recommendations to John Ryder and his interview team for the calls to go out. This process can take up to 4 weeks from the meet-n-greet.

I also was told that 3 letters/recommendations from current FDX pilots IS A MUST. If you dont have 3 from PILOTS (station mgrs/HQ types/etc.. does not count) then you are just not competitive now.

It was a great interview and a great company... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Ualexpress said:
Hourshore,

Were any of the furloughed guys that interviewed with you currently flying with someone else?

Ualexpress

The Guard or reserve, none had taken Another Civilian Job.

How long after being hired must you wait to sponser someone?

After IOE?
Or 6 Months?
Or 1 Year?

Thanks!

I'm not really sure where the 3 letters of rec thing is coming from but I've had two guys get interviews recently and both only had one letter of rec from me. I did walk their resumes into the chief pilot and I had flown with both of them. Maybe it was the $1000 check made to cash that was paper clipped to the resume that did the trick. :) Seriously though, it can be done with just one letter of rec. Good luck guys.

NightFlyer

NightFlyer said:
I'm not really sure where the 3 letters of rec thing is coming from but I've had two guys get interviews recently and both only had one letter of rec from me. I did walk their resumes into the chief pilot and I had flown with both of them. Maybe it was the $1000 check made to cash that was paper clipped to the resume that did the trick. :) Seriously though, it can be done with just one letter of rec. Good luck guys.

NightFlyer

I'll send $2000 today! ;)

Latest resources

Back