FedEx and referrals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RedDogC130

Does anyone know how much weight is given for a referral through the computer system at FedEx, from a Captain and FE in getting an interview? Does the person have to walk you or your resume in or just do the computer referral I hear about? Any input?????? Thanks

I would like to know as well, but I am forced to assume that we are SOL. There are just too many folks out there that know a current FedEx pilot well (flown with, worked with, or good friends) that will walk their stuff into HQ. The referring pilot has an interview with the CP at FedEx...the CP determins how well the pilot knows the applicant and will make the call from there.

I have a FedEx referral online, but I don't know him well enough to get past this hurdle.

Good Luck

Right now having a sponsor walk your resume into his Assistant Chief Pilot (ACP) or schedule a face-to-face meeting for you with the chief pilot (I don't know if we are still doing that or not) DEFINITELY HELPS. You need for one of the individuals on you application, to become your "sponsor" There is a separate sponsor interview sheet that the ACPs have. Bottom line is it helps to have someone go to bat for you with the ACP or CP.

They both said they put a referral through their..your computer system. I have both on my online profile as references. I am curious if that is enough to get an interview with competative times. I live in Little Rock right now..I would drive over any time to meet a CP. Thanks for the response

Told at the interview that the Sponsor walk in is a must. No need for a face to face, although the furloughed guys I interviewed with did go in for a face to face. Although I do know of a furloghed guy with an upcoming interview who did not. All of the furlo's were big three, not US Air.

RedDogC130 said:
I have both on my online profile as references. I am curious if that is enough to get an interview with competative times.

There is really not much more you can do at this point except wait, patiently, in line like everyone else trying to get an interview.

I will suggest that 1) get either the Captain or the FE reference to walk your resume into one (doesn't really matter which one) of the ACP offices and vouch for you personally and 2) update your online app at least every two weeks.

Both will help get your app to the top of the pile faster, from what I'm told.

Good luck and stay positive, competition is really tight right now.

FWIW, I was told by an ACP that you needed 3 online recs (1 with someone you have flown with) and someone to walk your stuff in for a chat with an ACP. The ACP will pull up your app and confirm you have 3 recs (linked to the 3 employee #s you listed on your app) and then interview your sponsor about you. After that your app continues in the "process" with input from the ACP.

Well, I guess I need to meet and befriend another FedEx pilot. Anyone...anyone???? Thanks for all the info.

Latest resources

Back