Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See you on the 8th

Hey,
Congratz! I will see you in class. Did Kim tell you there would be DC-10 panel slots in that class or did you here it through another source??

Woz

Question?????

For you guys in class,
How is seniority determined within the class? I have heard of different methods based on your Social security #. I can only guess it goes highest to lowest because mine totals only 5. Not that it really matters, just curious.

P.S. Beaver, where did you fly the Saab & Metro?

Last edited:
Seniority is based upon the last four digits of your social security number. The highest number goes first. There's no addition envolved. A 9000 would go before a 1999. Congratulations to all that have been hired and good luck to all of those trying to get hired.

NightFlyer

Wosin8or

Kim said there would be DC-10 panels but didn't say how many.

XUSAir

Penninsula Airways out of ANC AK. How about you? I'm going to miss the sewer pipe. NOT!!

April 8th Class

Hello everyone. Thanks for all of your posts in the past few weeks. I've been making a very difficult decision between SWA and Fed Ex. The thread titled Fed Ex versus SWA was outstanding! Thanks to HerkDriver, Profile, and all other "Posters". The information provided regarding the Fed Ex pool was excellent too.

After months of soul searching, I've decided to go with Fed Ex and will be in the April 8th class. As with some of you, Kim mentioned I have a chance to be in one of the March classes. However, since I haven't heard from her in the past 2 days, I'm assuming they decided not to plus up training classes to 16 per class until April.

Bottom line, I look forward to meeting those of you also in the April 8th class! The last four of my SSN starts with 2, so I'll be low man on the totem pole...somebody has to be, I guess.

On another note, I have a question I've been pondering... Since Fed Ex is opening an LA base, do you think Anchorage will cease or slow down operations?

Thanks, Race

Stats
App: Mar 1
Interview: Oct 17, 18
Class: Apr 8

First, the obligatory comment… you guys are great. I have been watching but not commenting for months now. The gouge is awesome. I have finally gotten to the point that I need to ask a question. I interview on March 18. Based on the comments by Beaver, do I understand that there is virtually no pool left? Would it be presumptuous to assume that the next several months of new hires will not have much of a wait between interview and class date?
And here are my obligatory stats:
Transitioning from the service March 15
Interview March 18 (sweet, huh)
Total time 4750
Mostly in fighters

Thanks for the help.
Phantom first

Racban
See you in the Apr 8 class, I'll be the guy at the bottom. My last 4 digits start with 02##.

Beaver
Flew for Chautauqua out of Jamestown Ny. Too many near death experinces to recall in the old death tube.

The pool is dry!?!

Hey Phantom first,
I think your assumptions are all on target. Friend who interviewed in the last group in Oct is in the April 8th class so other then the Air Force guys who are stop-lossed (and I know there were at least 12 in the pool) I would say it is dry. I would guess that starting with the April 15th class they will fill from this years interviews. By the way Nice timing!

VaB,
From your fingers to Fred Smiths ears!!!! The more the batter!

Woz

classes

Hey guys,

I don't know if I mentioned it in my previous post. I had spoken to Kim a few weeks ago and she said I would probably be in an April 8 class but she would try to get me in the Mar. 18 class. Last week she called me back and said I could have Mar. 18. She said the class had been increased to 12 and then 16. I interviewed Oct. 16-17 so I may have gotten the last spot in that class since Wozin8r interviewed the next day and to my knowledge hasn't gotten a call to move up to Mar. Also I think the pool is pretty drained. If not it will be soon at that rate of hiring. Kim said it looked like they would hire 200 or so this year(of course this is subject to change at anytime). Hopefully some more of you will get moved up to Mar. If not I guess we will run into each other a few weeks later. Good luck everyone.

Latest resources

Back