Fed Ex Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Class question?

Hey, A question for you guys who have started class lately. How long does it take? I have been told 10 weeks and 8 weeks? I Got my class packet yesterday but it didn't really give any information except when and where to show up. Thanks.

Woz

It seems to depend on which airplane you get. In was hired into the back of the DC10 and I started in early July and finished IOE in late september. The 727 guys in my class finished about three weeks earlier. Welcome aboard!!!

NightFlyer

More Info

Hey,
Thanks for the info. Did you go straight through or was there time off? I have heard that the DC-10 guys get a week off here or there? Wondering because the rumer is there will be DC-10 slots in the April 8th class and I have a pretty high social? Thanks again!

Woz

Second Interview

I interviewed with FedEx and UPS. Made it into the UPS pool, but FedEx said "no thanks" after the sim/interview last spring.

I am waiting (and don't know for how long) for a class with UPS but would be just as happy if FedEx would give me a second chance.

Anyone out there know the key to getting called back a second time? I have several old and new references in the online system. Any good ideas would be appreciated.

The DC10 guys get a weeks off after ground school. You will also get a week off after IOE. If you have a choice I strongly suggest the 10. The training is easier and the job and schedules are much better. I've been on the airplane for six months now and I've done about 70% day flying and the 30% night.

NightFlyer

Latest resources

Back