Fed Ex Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sideways

Yup, we all got panel of the 727. No other follow on slots were given out since a standing bid is due out soon that could change all that. The latest rumor is end of March for the bid. Back of the DC-10 or possibly right seat 727 could be in our futures...

Goose17

Yipee!

Good news at last. Got the call yesterday from Kim Daniels for a Mar 18 class. She told me the class size would be 16. So it looks like the numbers are getting bigger. I also talked to a friend there yesterday and he said they were planning to hire around 220 for the year.

A question for Fedex guys.

What travel priveleges do you guys have with other passenger airlines? Do you have agreements on discounts with airlies beside ID90 for family travel? Can families travel on Fedex planes?

Last edited:
FedEx travel bennies (?)

Not alot of good news in this area. I believe the best deal we have are passes with Southwest that have a minimum charge (can't remember specifically the amount, I haven't used them). Most arrangements with other carriers are only ID 75 or worse. (75% off of full coach fares).

Regarding the company jumpseats (or what management now refers to as "courier seating"), you have to be a FedEx employee in order to use them. However, post 9/11, the seats can only be occupied by FedEx crewmembers, FedEx Dispatchers, FedEx Mechanics and a very few select other employees. Of course, the usual FAA inspectors can ride. The company is trying to work out the security details for reinstating regular FedEx employee flying privileges, but there are alot of unanswered issues........ Remember, Captain's Authority is the last word!

Sorry for the "not so rosy picture", but don't let these minor issues dissuade(sp) you from applying if you're interested. I used to have pass privileges on UAL and it was nice, but more often than not, it was a pain in the ars. Just buy some real tickets and you'll have a better chance at enjoying your travels!!

Class Date

Kim just called to offer me a April 8 class. She says classes my get bigger and there is a possiblity of moving up to the Mar 18th class. Things are changing by the hour there. Here is my story:
App in July
Interview Oct 18
Civilian
USAir furloughee Jan
See you in Memphis, sooooo long Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats XUSAir

Hey dude, congrats and welcome aboard! I just finished indoc today and we start systems tomorrow. Life is good on the inside.

Goose17

The good call!

Hey,
Just talked to Kim myself and got the same word. April 8th with the possibility of moving up to March 18th. Class sizes up to 16 and maybe bigger. Also had a buddy get an interview call yesterday to interview on March 25th. Things are good!!

My info:
App: Jan01
Avail:Oct01
Interview: Oct 18-19

Kim Called

Kim called with great news for me as well. April 8th class, 16 in the class and this will clean out the pool. Some DC-10 panels available in this class also.

Now I need an airport car. Anybody Know where I could get an early 70s vintage AMC Pacer, or a lime green Gremlin would be nice too. One would also have to consider a 73 Ford Country Esquire wagon with wood paneling on the sides.

Stats
App. May 01
Int. Oct 23 01

Latest resources

Back