Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
See? ^^^
It's more than possible to be a civilian "kernel"

Do what you gotta do pilots. Good lord. Of course the FAA has to ban these, and already has through our PoI's -
But as surf said above- we are not robots- therefore I thoroughly agree with controlled napping, and reading interesting things, and using your PED's and waking up, putting down all that and doing your job when you need to do your job- with discipline and good habits. Until then, you've got to know the politics and PR of this will never allow it to be officially sanctioned- and you gotta know you ARE doing your job if you're keeping your mind ready

Be responsible and do your job and no one will ever know what you said or what you read or if you snored. And if you haven't reconciled that a big part of your job is "scapegoat" and to take FULL responsibility if something bad happens regardless of how strictly you adhered to the minutia in manuals- you really shouldn't be a professional pilot.

One line I hate that I hear more and more "if wtf happens, I'm protected if I did xyz exactly as the manual says"
(Ie: "If I'm on the yellow line and I hit that bag cart, it's not my fault")
In a 74, maybe that flies- in a 73- it's still your fault - c'mon.

Hate that sh/t. You're job is to make sure nothing bad happens, and when it does- to handle it.

Do that

My post was in response to a post talking about passengers not listening to f/a attendants safety briefings. The post then compared that to pilots use of PED's. So you should try to keep things in perspective. So who was being the 'kernel" now frickin know it all.

It's FI troll to you eagle
;)

There'll be an end game though don't worry:)

Since nobody is required to listen to the safety briefings why not just get rid of the FA's and install Soda/Snack Machines????

Because the FAs are "primarily their for for your safety." :rolleyes: :laugh::laugh:
In a crash, I expect most to be grabbing their doggie bags and climbing over seats and heading for the exits.

Latest resources

Back