• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F16 and a Heavy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I think the F16 may look a little better than the F15, but if your goal is the airlines, why choose a single over a twin?

What??? "Twin" doesn't mean squat. An F-15 is centerline thrust and for any practical purposes an airline doesn't care. At least in the past they really don't care whether a military pilot flew an F-16 or a C-5. It's the person that was important.

FWIW, I wouldn't count on a viable airline career at this point. This industry is fundamentally changing and only the next few years will tell if it will be worth doing. If I had to make a decision today, I'd steer clear of the airline industry and start learning something that will be much more rewarding and interesting. Almost too late for me, but not for you. Flying is a great hobby and WAS a great profession, but not anymore.

kybur, I'm no military expert , but you sound like my uneducated commercial flight instructor.

him "If you go into the military to fly an f16, you'll never fly commercially . You might as well putt around in a c150 cause the airlines only care about twin time."

him "besides, how old are you"?
me "21"
him "yeah, your WAY to old for the military. they want their fighter pilots right out of high school."

lol

Too old?

Tell your CFI friend that I was 28 when I got my wings and an A-10 and another guy in my class was 28 and is flying F-15s.

ATTACK!

Lurch

Agree

Mailman has it dead on. I've flown pointy white supersonics and humongous grey aircraft. I'm with my second carrier and all I can say is other than what Mailman stated- it doesn't matter what kind of plane you flew, how cool you looked, or whether it was a twin C/L thrust or not. Once you get there no one worries about where you came from.....your war stories are just a little different. In my new hire class we've got:

5 fighter pilots - 3 Navy, 2 AF
7 heavy drivers - 2 Navy, 1 CG, 4 AF
8 Civilian - 2 Part 121, 4 Regionals, 1 Corp, 1 Civilian Mix

All great guys who will fit in great with SWA.

Slug

Latest resources

Back