• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Expressjet ?

CAPTAINAMERICA

Total Time
How difficult is it for a new hire first officer to hold Cleveland, Ohio or Detroit, Michigan as a base ?

Uncle Bunkle

Total Time
xxx
I'll let Freebrd chime in on this one, but you do realize that those 2 bases are with 2 completely separate companies? IE you either get a chance at one of those but not both?

CAPTAINAMERICA

Total Time
CLE - DTW Base

I thought ExpressJet had operations in Cleveland, OH for United Express and in Detroit, MI for Delta Connection. Different aircraft types but same company. Just trying to find out if either base is able to be obtained for a new hire.

Freebrd

Total Time
won't know til after you're hired and finish IOE, so yeah, possible, maybe

Uncle Bunkle

Total Time
xxx
I thought ExpressJet had operations in Cleveland, OH for United Express and in Detroit, MI for Delta Connection. Different aircraft types but same company..
Well you're wrong. Those 2 pilot groups are completely separate.

CAPTAINAMERICA

Total Time
Follow up

So how does that work with the Cleveland - Detroit base structure or any other domicile for that matter ? I apparently am totally wrong regarding how ExpressJet is organized.

When you interview do you interview for separate units within the company and by aircraft type or what ? Can or do you request the aircraft type and hope for the best at which base you may get when IOE is complete ? If so what aircraft types are based at which domicile ?

I must have misunderstood one of the company pilot recruiters regarding the entire operation or I was informed wrong.

Any information about the hiring process and the company in general would be most helpful. You have been most helpful already....

Freebrd

Total Time
Just read the posts on FI and APC. Information all over the place. But I think you're just screwing around as you basically ask the same crap question about every regional out there. Do some research man.

Or just PM Jenny Lee aka as MF, OYS etc. :D

Gr82Aviate

Total Time
Just read the posts on FI and APC. Information all over the place. But I think you're just screwing around as you basically ask the same crap question about every regional out there. Do some research man.

Or just PM Jenny Lee aka as MF, OYS etc. :D

I think he might just be Gerbil Fleas BFF...?:beer::laugh:

badog

Right career, Wrong time
Total Time
15000+
So how does that work with the Cleveland - Detroit base structure or any other domicile for that matter ? I apparently am totally wrong regarding how ExpressJet is organized.

When you interview do you interview for separate units within the company and by aircraft type or what ? Can or do you request the aircraft type and hope for the best at which base you may get when IOE is complete ? If so what aircraft types are based at which domicile ?

I must have misunderstood one of the company pilot recruiters regarding the entire operation or I was informed wrong.

Any information about the hiring process and the company in general would be most helpful. You have been most helpful already....
Can't help with the interview other than be prepared :-/
ERJ would get you CLE eventually, although EWR is more likely.
CLE is senior so it might be a wait, then again you might get it right out of the gate !
CRJ would get you DTW eventually, although ATL is more likely.
I don't know much about the ASA side.

J.Otto

Total Time
what is the current class and demographics like... hotel accommodations/pay - how desperate are they to push weak pilots along. I know some questionable guys in class now... just wondering what they are going through.

CX880

Total Time
They have a Hindi, a Viking and a polish woman going through right now. They are having a hard time pushing them through. They are at the ramada. Any other questions?

Uncle Bunkle

Total Time
xxx
hotel accommodations.
Someone gets it. The most important reason to pick when choosing which regional to start your career is the hotel during initial training.
You, my friend, will make a great FO.

Freebrd

Total Time
They still stay at the NoTell motel?

Freebrd

Total Time
Hot out there in West Tex, FO & FA wanted to start APU, Capt didn't, pax lost. :)

Nah, I don't know what happened.

Uncle Bunkle

Total Time
xxx
"There was a disagreement among crew members," Beem told AP. "There was no fight ... there was no physical altercation thankfully."

Still, the disagreement apparently was heated enough to prompt a call to police, a traveler who claimed to be an eyewitness told The View From the Wing frequent-flier blog, which was the first to report the incident.

Yikes. Maybe they found out the turkey coupon program was cancelled?

Freebrd

Total Time
Democratic society, 2 vs 1 (FA&FO vs Capt). Rumor FO is a rat, has a rep. Wonder if FA is his bi%#&? :eek: