• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet Merges with ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are primarily 4/3 10hr shifts. This summer there are four 5/2 8hr. 10 hour desks have 75-80 flights typical day, frequently 85-90 on weekendson AMs. PMs run 50 ish flights plus passdown, except Saturdays when workload is lighter. 8hr should be proportionate. Lion share of shifts are 3A or 1P start, about seven swing/day shifts running anywhere from 430a start to 230p start. We hired seven since Jan this year, one left, so six '10 hires...previous ones are '07s.

Guess this will kill any opportunities for hiring for a long while... what happens to the SKW ops in SGU.. will they move as well?? If they did that would be a vey large dispatching operations for 3 certificates, rivaling that of Republic in IND..

Guess this will kill any opportunities for hiring for a long while... what happens to the SKW ops in SGU.. will they move as well?? If they did that would be a vey large dispatching operations for 3 certificates, rivaling that of Republic in IND..

Nope... the folks in SGU are staying there. This may not even affect them in any way.... only ASA.

ASA start times vary...4am..5am..7am..8:15am... the pm shift start time 1:45pm there are only 5 desk on the 1:45pm start time....one overnight shift 6pm - 4am...
all shifts are 4/3 10hr days.....right now out of our 38 lines 6 0f those are what we call vacaion relief lines.....

Got-ta-love those vacation lines...different shift and sched every week.. really tough on the body..

Guess it would be too early to know if there will be some that choose not to relocate to ATL... could always commute..

Keep in mind the "official" position is that the decision as to what ops functions will move to ATL will happen during PMI. It's just that we all believe SOC will move. Why would it possibly stay in Houston? I just don't see a scenario that keeps what will be the former XJT SOC there. Now, as to how they plan to actually INTEGRATE not just the lists, but the actually dispatching? Neither a clue, nor a speculation....

As for hiring, who knows? We are currently short at XJT...and it sounds like we already dx more flts/shift...can't see how we could take on any more. If they reduce load to match ASA then more DX needed. Likewise, this is not a reduction in flying for either carrier, so not less to do there. Possible addition of planes for both CO and UA as well. Then, what about peeps who elect to retire or leave rather than commute? Hiring may very well be necessary, a la Frontier, which lost many peeps when moved to IND.

Guess we'll find out as it goes...

I wish all you Houston boys the best during the transition. I spent 24 years of my life there so I have a aviation connection to both COA and XJT. Kind of hard to think all may/will be gone one day...

From somebody who jumpseats often on XJT I hope you guys keep your policy for OAL DX'ers. It's one of the best out there in my opinion and has helped me out many, many times.

Flight bennies

I know things have changed since ASA was owned be Delta. What kind of flight benifits are you getting now? Delta, United, pass class, fees, etc. Currently we are just like CAL mainline DOH (SA3) and some VAC passes. Other JA riders going alone are SA4. (No UAL) I am sure we are in for lots of change. PM if you don want to post it in public.

Thanks

LOL...now let's get to the IMPORTANT stuff....

Can you wear jeans to work - anytime, weekends, etc?

Can you trade or personal drop to decrease working days - some call it auto...but not just a day or shift trade, but a trade to someone else for a drop to you, or a personal drop/no pay?

CASS? JS agreements?

Yes...I wear jeans every single day....But neat, no holes...and a collared shirt

Swaps.....yes, with pay balancing..........to hard to explain here.....but you get you regular paycheck as if there was no swap....

Latest resources

Back