Expressjet growing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong....

The myth that PBS only gives you 7 days off in a row is totally unfounded and fear mongering. Ask any ASA guy how they do in vacation months and you will see. It has, however, been discussed ad nauseum on here.

But you don't get it...Their MEC has "educated" all of them on PBS..They know everything about everything and we can only hope to someday understand half of what these wise aviators know...We are truly lucky to be able to have them grace our presence....

Wrong....

The myth that PBS only gives you 7 days off in a row is totally unfounded and fear mongering. Ask any ASA guy how they do in vacation months and you will see. It has, however, been discussed ad nauseum on here.

I never said you only get 7 days off for a week of vacation. My last week of vacation I was off from the 10th - 7th of the next month. 28 days off in a row, and I got my full guarantee. While your bid low may be able to get you 28 days off, will you get paid 75 hours?

I never said you only get 7 days off for a week of vacation. My last week of vacation I was off from the 10th - 7th of the next month. 28 days off in a row, and I got my full guarantee. While your bid low may be able to get you 28 days off, will you get paid 75 hours?

Yes, moron. That's the point.

I had 4 weeks of vacation this year. I turned each week into 5 weeks with PBS. I got paid 75 hours each of those months. I thought your MEC educated you on our PBS...That's what Nevets keeps saying...

But you don't get it...Their MEC has "educated" all of them on PBS..They know everything about everything and we can only hope to someday understand half of what these wise aviators know...We are truly lucky to be able to have them grace our presence....

By no means are we all knowing, could you please explain to us the features "ignore and unstacking?"

The MEC Scheduling subcommittee members have actually said that you guys average just as much if not more consecutive days off than compared to us, especially when the vacation days straddle two months. Someone said that management likes our line bidding and work rules more because of that.

Admittedly, some of our guys don't take advantage of the information put out by the MEC. Our MEC also does a poor job at communicating.

By no means are we all knowing, could you please explain to us the features "ignore and unstacking?"

Never been ignored, or unstacked......so don't have any info to add on that. Basically, junior people are going to work holidays, just as they will in line bidding.

Several replies in seconds for bid low, but 0 responses for ignore and unstacking?

what the hell is ignore? Never heard of it. Unstacking is when during company designated holiday months when there is too much opentime over a holiday, PBS takes the most junior lineholders schedule, wipes it clean, and rebuilds the schedule by first assigning a pairing over the holiday

Latest resources

Back