• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expat jobs fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just looked into it myself. Unlike most of these job fairs, it seems there are opportunities for more than the usual "Captains with >500 hours PIC on extremely marketable aircraft types" crowd. One that caught my eye was a Chinese bizjet operator with qualifications starting at ATP, 1500 total, 500 ME jet. Sounds like a good place to start for those in the RJ crowd looking to get out of Dodge. Of course, that's in addition to the usual five-figures-a-month offers on the upper end of the scale.

The crew Wasinc's running the job fair with, Pan Am, is giving away free type ratings as well. Seems they'll be handing out two 737 ratings and one A320 one. I remember they used to do something similar when Southwest was doing a hiring fair every year. Sounds like reason enough to look into it. Here's the link, if anyone else was looking

Last edited:
I'm advising people to apply to the job you are curious about even if you don't have the time on type they require, if you are an experienced pilot they will look at you, I know of several guys that have gotten hired under those same conditions in the past couple of years, apply and let them be the ones to disqualify you, don't do it for them

Will let you know on the 23rd or 24th of next month. I received an email awaiting my appointment times.

That goes to show how commuting 15 time zones to go to work messes you up, I thought it already pass. Sorry about that

Couldn't agree with DumbP more... The road from RJ world for many was by applying to all the airlines in Asia which leads to bigger equipment.

Fairly or unfairly recruiters will look at a 737NG guy with 2500 on type over a CRJ-200 with 8000 hrs PIC. Just look at EK.

Not to mention the Asia 'tour' is a great time to look back on.

Go for it...you won't look back.

fv

I hope something can come from it. I am a business aviation guy, 135 as well. No 121. Will be curious to see how I am taken.

Will let all know.

Avrat

Latest resources

Back